There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

OK

Former Employee - Residential Direct Sales Representative
Former Employee - Residential Direct Sales Representative

I worked at Comcast

Pros

Free cable, internet and phone

Cons

as a sales rep used to have flexible schedule if you hit your numbers. They changed policy and started micromanaging and giving you your turf rather than let you work areas that you had cultivated.

also, they cut the comp plan and started making half of what I was making before!!

2115 Other Employee Reviews for Comcast (View Most Recent)

A financially stable company offering good benefits.

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Attractive compensation package. Company is financially stable. Located right in the downtown area

Cons

Too many layers of management, more program managers than people that actually do the work. Goals are unrealistic, program managers are clueless and often over commit.

Make the organization flatter. Hire more people to do the actual work, not just managing the projects

Educational

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Comcast is a business that is measured daily! With that being said it is an ever-evolving, ever-changing, rapidly moving and growing business. Comcast is constantly re-evaluating how we do business and making consolidations that don't always make sense to someone at my level however, I have to trust that those that see beyond my level have a plan and execute.

Cons

We have grown to a company of more than 100k employees, there is no formal career development path, we are so big that communication is not timely or lacking. The field is left to fend for themselves with the front-line employees while decisions are made at the HQ, Division, or Region level. Difficult to maintain credibility with front-line employees and leaders when HR is out of the loop.

Continue growing the business not at the expense of the employees. Stop saying we are an employee focused organization and then having actions that are opposite of those words. If the bottomline is our focus great - say it so employees can regain trust and respect for Comcast as a company.

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!