There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

Great company if you're in the right place.

Current Employee - IT Analyst  in  Reston, VA
Current Employee - IT Analyst in Reston, VA

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

A great benefit package for a private company. Good middle managers and a "family" atmosphere. Company is going places and doing well. Decent pay.

Cons

Despite the company having an excellent balance sheet, they are stingy with funds for training or headcount. My position is understaffed by a factor of 2:1 or more. This results in problems for the customers and business areas. In their defense, this is a particular problem with IT where snake oil salesmen with Cloud computing and management pandering Gartner group make unrealistic claims so they think anything is possible.)

Be ahead of the curve on IT rather than following industry trends and claims from 10 years ago promising magical results that are not happening. Listen to your customers and business areas.

2076 Other Employee Reviews for Comcast (View Most Recent)

Good company but low pay

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate  in  Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Everett, WA

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and flexible hours

Cons

Low pay and not enough fair recognition for exceeding goals

My last year-end review I was in the top 5% of my department, and I only received a 3% raise. Very disappointing. I have also been attempting to get into another position, and have been ignored by management. At year end, I received an exceptional rating on my sales performance, due to outperforming the quota required. Management might pay attention to agents that are working hard and exceeding goals, and rewarding them for that hard work.

realistic review of Door to Door Sales

Former Employee - Door to Door Sales  in  Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Door to Door Sales in Memphis, TN

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

I made some income and was not unemployed. discounted cable and internet

Cons

The Comcast management uses antiquated systems for tracking, obtaining sales leads, managing people, and payroll, which is ironic being a hi-tech company
    No consideration fr human needs, no synergy between departments or even interdepartmental personnel, disregard for others time, over work employees to disgruntlement, and an overall feeling of dismay, apathy

Higher better managers with management skills revamp the whole system for efficiency

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!