There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

Big company that trips over it's own feet sometimes, but nice place to work.

Current Employee - Business Solutions Sales Representative in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Business Solutions Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good comission. Goals aren't constantly adjusting, so that is really nice. Supervisors really want to work with you to hit your goals and improve performance continually. Lots of fun little bonuses and perks. Great benefits!

Cons

Big company... so it often feels like nothing ever gets fixed. Also, there are several "sales prevention departments" that are constantly working against you instead of with you. It feels like I'm constantly battling the most retarded internal processes to make my sales stick.
Also, because it's such a large company, you are often just treated as a number by upper and middle management. They genuinely don't care about anything but your revenue and attainment numbers. Even then they probably won't ever notice you exist. Maybe that's not a big deal for you though.
Biggest con is all the processes and procedures that will slow you sales down and make you want to bash your head into a wall every day. Other than that, it's a pretty good place to work.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the unnecessary beureaucratic processes. (and there are a lot of them!)

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The Upper Level Managers at Comcast in Lynnwood are complete idiots!

Current Employee - Current Call Center Employee in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Current Call Center Employee in Everett, WA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free cable and internet service.

Cons

Senior level managers are completely disengaged from their employees and only about "me me me". The HR department is about the worst group of managers I've ever met in an organization. They are selfish, do not care about employees, are constantly on power/control trips and have no business working in human services. No room for advancement unless you're literally kissing a Director or VP's behind. Pay sucks too.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your upper level managers who are toxic to the company, especially those that are supposed to represent "us" as employees. They are doing a terrible job and have pushed morale to the lowest levels possible.

Sad

Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Millersville, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Millersville, MD

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large company with great benefits and fantastic salaries

Cons

A lot of old school employees that have been there for years that stick together and don't except new ways and won't allow new people to excel.