Comcast

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

Horrible in Union,NJ

Former Employee - CAE in Union City, NJ
Former Employee - CAE in Union City, NJ

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere,decent benefits,flex days.

Cons

Everything else.

One supervisor doesn't know or care what the other is doing.The company rolls out things without training or educating the agents.Horrible pay very little raises for most.

Very ghetto and cliquish call center to work for.More like H.S. in the inner city than a profesional workplace.

Raise wages to second year reps and groom them for promotion.Crack the whip on the unprofessional supervisors and agents.Bring Union totally inline with the other NJ call centers and Philly.

2429 Other Employee Reviews for Comcast (View Most Recent)

Well I guess you could have a worse job

Former Employee - CAE I in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - CAE I in Augusta, GA

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was ok, vacation and sick time, got 4 of 6 major holidays off. Supervisor was great guy and so were some of the co workers.

Cons

Hope you have a while. I worked at comcast as a customer service/voip rep for 3 years. What a roller coaster. The job can get pretty bad and then you will have months where it is pretty good. The main problem with comcast is that they will not pay to upgrade their equipment. They keep signing people up for service but will not improve their servers or upgrade the lines. This means mass outages of cable, internet, and On Demand. This leads to many a call from angry customers. I was lucky to have a supervisor who knew the score. He worked real hard in our corner. Upper management would always blame us for the long call queues. It wasn't our fault it was the companies shoddy equipment. It got easy towards the end when a new center was built in Savannah which greatly reduced the calls. You would take about 3 calls an hour. So you could actually breathe. My supervisor retired and then suddenly people were getting fired for everything under the sun. I saw the writing on the wall and quit.

Fix your equipment and stop blaming your hard working employees for your cost cutting. Management needs to act like professionals.

Great opportunities within the company

Former Employee - Customer Account Executive in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Customer Account Executive in Hartford, CT

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good work atmosphere, paid on performance, promote within the company.

Cons

No part-time positions offered, micromanagement, quotas

Allow employees to get comfortable with position before grading performance.

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast