Comcast

www.comcast.com
  www.comcast.com
There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

unless you're going for management, don't bother

Former Employee - Account Executive in Malden, MA
Former Employee - Account Executive in Malden, MA

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

reliable company, not going anywhere due to monopoly, amazing benefits, generally good people to work with, you get a good number of vacation and sick days, and opportunity to somewhat advance

Cons

The management gets to jerk you around like you wouldn't believe, and they make all the $ while doing the minimal work. Most of them are utterly incompetent and wastes of life. I've worked in many departments and with many other departments, inside the office, and on technicians outside. Most hourly wage workers there are very, very unhappy, and you can tell looking at their faces.

The company likes to change your shift every 6 months based on their metric system (which goes against any rules they may say of helping the customers the most, caring for them ,etc...oh and don't want to work evenings suddenly...too bad) . You will get treated like it's a kindergarten. They preach one thing but want you to do the other, you have too many bosses, working there is so much like the movie Office Space it's not even funny. (oh and do your TTS tickets, for everyone who calls in, even if they just hang up instantly or misrouted calls). One of the worst experiences I've ever had and I was there for multiple years.

why don't you do actual work for a living, and cut out the office politics? stop treating grown adults like children, and if you can't trust the people you hire, maybe review your hiring practices instead of finding warm bodies to fill seats for trivial, meaningless, go-nowhere jobs.

2327 Other Employee Reviews for Comcast (View Most Recent)

Great company if you're in the right place.

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Reston, VA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A great benefit package for a private company. Good middle managers and a "family" atmosphere. Company is going places and doing well. Decent pay.

Cons

Despite the company having an excellent balance sheet, they are stingy with funds for training or headcount. My position is understaffed by a factor of 2:1 or more. This results in problems for the customers and business areas. In their defense, this is a particular problem with IT where snake oil salesmen with Cloud computing and management pandering Gartner group make unrealistic claims so they think anything is possible.)

Be ahead of the curve on IT rather than following industry trends and claims from 10 years ago promising magical results that are not happening. Listen to your customers and business areas.

Good company but low pay

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Everett, WA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits and flexible hours

Cons

Low pay and not enough fair recognition for exceeding goals

My last year-end review I was in the top 5% of my department, and I only received a 3% raise. Very disappointing. I have also been attempting to get into another position, and have been ignored by management. At year end, I received an exceptional rating on my sales performance, due to outperforming the quota required. Management might pay attention to agents that are working hard and exceeding goals, and rewarding them for that hard work.

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast