Comcast

www.comcast.com
  www.comcast.com
There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

One of the best place to work

Current Employee - Accountant in Manchester, NH
Current Employee - Accountant in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

The company belonged to a steady industry. It gives flexible working schedules. It offers good benefits like free cable, internet access and discount on some of the other services. It has a laidback working environment in the back office. Management is sincere with regards to making the place one of the best compnay to work for. I had worked in other company's that touted best place to work but it was all marketing. In Comcast, it is real.

Cons

Too bureacratic. It is hard to get things done right away since you need the cooperation of someone at another department. I guess that must be the same case in other large companies.

Good job in trying to listen to employees concern. Keep on making sure that we are ahead of the competition .

2333 Other Employee Reviews for Comcast (View Most Recent)

FREE cable and good job

Former Employee - Technical Support in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Comcast

Pros

Free CABLE Good pay good benefits

Cons

Working as a technical support rep, a lot of the people working in "tier" (tech support) barely knew enough about the systems. They don't give enough athurity to the average rep to help determine outages, thus you aren't able to fix customers problems.

Give more power to the rep to help create outage tickets.

Comcast Keeps Getting Worse

Current Employee - Customer Account Executive in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Account Executive in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Co-workers are very nice. At least it helps.

Cons

Annual review goals change every year BUT they don't tell you the new goals. Consequently, when reviews come up, everyone gets a horrible raise, especially this year. Every department is reporting bad raises. I understand we are in a recession, but couldn't they just tell everyone they don't want to do layoffs, so they gave everyone a mediocre raise?

Be upfront with your employees. It has become a terrible place to work. They know we can't go anywhere, so they are being unreasonable. They want us to help the customer, sell them something and get them off the phone in three minutes. I've been in this business a longtime and it can't be done. If customer wants to downgrade it comes out of our commission, although they don't tell the employees that.

And those reviews! I've talked to people that have been at Comcast for ten-plus years. Every year the goals change but they don't tell the employees. For example, this year, over and over, the employees were told that transferring a customer will not be held against us. Well, there it was on our review. And it was an important part of it!

So we are suppose to tell the customer to hang up and call the number that we need. The customer and the employee loses.

The place is become such a mess!

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast