Comcast

www.comcast.com

1930 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Overall pretty goood but you will put in overtime almost every day.

Communications Technician (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsBenefits are excellent. Good health, disability, dental, eye insurance. Decent time off. Free services on cable and internet. Great tuition reimbursement amount, but there is a catch, see cons. The place I worked the manager was great, trainers were very good. They went out of their way to reward good performance. Very upbeat at the morning meetings. Supervisor went out of his way to be helpful. The company went out of their way to make new hires feel welcome and part of the team right off the bat. Never harped about being out on overtime when new or doing a job that took more time than predicted.

ConsComcast says they value work / life balance, but that is hard to believe. Comtechs never know when they will get home. Scheduling of jobs is unrealistic. Often times, big installs that will take hours are scheduled for late in the day. If I got off my shift within an hour and a half of the scheduled end time I felt lucky. Almost never got out on time. They simply schedule too many jobs each day. Then they say they want every step followed in the field, but there is no way to do it. The math does not add up. So, techs end up skipping steps like going to tap on every job. If you want to be home at a reasonable time each night, this is not the place for you. If you have little ones at home that go to bed early, forget seeing them because you will be at work if you are doing it all by the numbers. If you are single or don't have a family to worry about spending time with, go for it, but if you value seeing your family at all during the week, it may not be the place for you.

They offer over 5500$ per year in tuition reimbursement but how do you go to college if you never know when you will be out of work. Kind of tough to schedule classes around that.

Big disconnect between what is taught in training and what goes on in the field. Almost everything they told us not to do in training is being done in the field so that people can try to get off somewhere near on time. Also, they spend a lot of time in training telling us how to smile , tuck our shirts in and things like that, but some portions of training were way to short. Internet installs are a big part of the job but we get about 2 days of training on that. Not nearly enough. But they will spend days on how to smile, approach the customer, wear our hard hats, and alot of other things that don't require so much. They need to prioritize the training time more with the technology end before we are sent into field training.

Advice to Senior ManagementIF a tech shows up on a call late in the shift that will obviously take many hours of overtime, give them the option to make the call a reschedule and make it be a call for first thing in the morning. Add more tecs or lower the number of calls.

the truth

Customer Account Executive (Current Employee) Union, NJ

I have been working at Comcast

Pros: benefits, free high speed internet and premium cable with all the… Cons: schedules, internal communication, screening process and politics Advice to Senior Management: better communication Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

?

Customer Account Executive (Current Employee) Newark, DE

I have been working at Comcast

Pros: 6% match 401K, Many opportunities and departments to advance to,… Cons: Low starting pay for call center techs. Although if you just got out of highschool then it's… Advice to Senior Management: nothing yet, just started More
There are newer reviews on Comcast.

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!