Comcast

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

Comcastic ...future of awseomeness

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people, culture and friendly atmosphere

Cons

Slow execution, long process and does not take risk

Be open to try new technology and opesource

2444 Other Employee Reviews for Comcast (View Most Recent)

Best company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - ASC CAE1 in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - ASC CAE1 in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Supervisors/managers are very friendly and helpful, always willing to do what they can to make our jobs easier. The benefits and perks are simply perfect. I feel like Comcast truly cares about the individuals of the company, not just about making a buck.

Cons

Sometimes our tools aren't 100% reliable, but there are always enough sups/leads/managers around that if we have issues, they can do what they can to help us out. Only other qualm I have is that with my degree, there are not a lot of opportunities for me to advance in the current city I'm in. I wish I had more opportunity here in Pittsburgh.

Keep working as hard as you do, I'm proud to be a Comcaster.

A former shell of what was a great company to work for.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Free cable, set hours for hourly staff (though you have to be there for years to get high enough on the tenure list for decent hours).

Cons

I began in 2003 and when the recession hit five years later, every employee was expected to do three times the work for the same amount of pay. In the call center there was a clear and achievable path to move up levels and get very good raises. That became non-existant as the goals become unattainable.

Retaliatory actions by supervisory and management staff to subordinates is just horrific. If a supervisor or management staff member doesn't like you for whatever reason, there is a good chance they will do whatever they can to fire you or at the very least, make your life a living hell.

They hire people with no business serving customers which is why their support can be so awful for customers.

Every singe phone rep is now required to sell and troubleshoot every service even though most were only brought in and trained to do one.

Dispatch is a nightmare and the good field techs are far outweighed by contractors who do a piss-poor job most of the time.

Hours are horrible to start and even as you go up in tenure, they still have crap schedules for all but the most seasoned of front line employees.

Entire departments are let go without any warning or notice.

They will fight every single unemployment claim no matter what the reason of job loss.

They have replaced every HR rep that cared about the employees with ones that work to protect the company.

A monopoly in so many areas.

I loved this job when I began in 2003 and in the first few years it was a great place to work. The community was strong and management cared about their staff. Once they required all supervisors and management to put in 60 hour work weeks minimum (once you go salary you become their slave) that all changed. Every supervisor who actually cared about their team and questioned the horrible decisions made by upper management were either fired or their jobs become a living hell due to the aforementioned retaliatory actions. The supervisors and managers who promote are all "Yes-Men" who are corporate puppets for the Roberts family (and high up exec) billionaires that care nothing about their employees or customers.

You won the worst company of the year award a few years ago from consumerist. Your turnover rate is astronomic. You caused tens of thousands to lose their jobs over the past 5 years yet you still bought NBC Universal and still rake in billions upon billions of dollars. I hope that Google, Intel, and Netflix wipe you out.

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast