Comcast

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

Great internship experience!

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Comcast as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly and smart people, great work environment with many opportunities to network, able to learn a lot within a short period of time.

Cons

Evident that some people felt stagnant in their responsibilities.

Make organization more efficient by ensuring that everyone is doing something productive.

2450 Other Employee Reviews for Comcast (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Former Employee - Dsr in Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Dsr in Manassas, VA

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the people I worked with and the pay was great.

Cons

Working outside in all types of weather conditions.

Make opportunity available as employees grow with the company.

Healthy and secure company with 'big company' issues.

Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You can make good money if you make the effort to considering that you don't really need any major qualifications for sales positions. Heavily discounted services. Benefits are generally good overall, but 401k and Medical options have been declining over the years (while the company has only been making better profits). Good job security.

Cons

It seems that as people move up the food chain they quickly lose touch with front line realities. Mistakes are repeated quite often, from the VP's all the way down to the sales managers. Many situations exist that are in opposition to each other: Sales vs Marketing (marketing advertises the lowest price then sales wants you to sell without using price as the motivator), Customer Service vs Performance Evaluations (publicized company values/promises are in opposition to how employees are rated/reviewed on performance), Dishonesty is rarely punished (if you are a dishonest salesperson it's more likely to get you held up as an shining example due to your numbers rather than punished). Recent centralizing and standardization are harming quality of localized customer service and support, both internally and externally. Also stop cutting our medical plan and 401k options when the company consistently makes better profits every year. I still say it's a good place to work however as many of these issues are typical with many big companies.

STOP outsourcing, it hurts you in the long run. Do some research on changes to see if they've been attempted before (in some cases we repeatedly try the same thing over again that flopped a few years earlier), ask and listen to your front line staff about the realities of how things actually work, not their management who doesn't do the actual job you are or are not implementing changes to.

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast