Comcast

www.comcast.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

Its a great job with great benefits.

Current Employee - Comm Tech V in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Comm Tech V in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is my first full-time job. I started when I was 22 making $12/hour. 4 1/2 years later I'm making $22. I am still a cable guy and have full benefits, including next to nothing for all services. You are truly your own boss most of the time. Lots of freedon to do things your way. Also many financial perks such as cell phone carrier discounts and my favorite, tuition reimbursment, up to $5.7k

Cons

Only two shifts Tue-Sat or Sun-Fri. So not as much time for family.

Could be better, but good enough. Dont change anything.

2522 Other Employee Reviews for Comcast (View Most Recent)

Business Class Sales Rep

Former Employee - Business Class Sales Representative in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Business Class Sales Representative in Hartford, CT

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Great Training
    - Good People
    - Very competitive pay

Everyone you work with is supportive and will help you achieve your goals. They offer a really good base salary and commission plan. No company car but offers gas reimbursement. They offer sales incentives for achieving certain goals and milestones. It truly is your own business, whether you choose to make it a Pro or a Con is where you can put this comment.

Cons

- Can feel like you are being micromanaged at times
    - Door to Door grind

If you understand the grind of banging door to door then that is what this is. It isn't for everyone. There were periods of time when there was a conference call at the beginning and end of each day where you report your day, which can feel like you aren't trusted and micromanaged.

None

A Great Plce to work

Former Employee - Customer Account Executive II, Customer Technical Support (IP) in Livermore, CA

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pros are the fact that you get most of your cable television free along with the high speed internet. You are also treated like a person and how often does an office manager have an open door policy that is truly open door.

Cons

The cons are that shifts are not set by senority but by work metrics. Another con is the fact that they closed the call centers in California and moved the jobs out of state. The customers in California liked the fact that most of the time they were able to talk to someone in their own state.

Reopen the Claifornia Call Centers. Maybe not in the same locations but maybe one in the central valley.

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast