There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

Its a great job with great benefits.

Current Employee - Comm Tech V in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Comm Tech V in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is my first full-time job. I started when I was 22 making $12/hour. 4 1/2 years later I'm making $22. I am still a cable guy and have full benefits, including next to nothing for all services. You are truly your own boss most of the time. Lots of freedon to do things your way. Also many financial perks such as cell phone carrier discounts and my favorite, tuition reimbursment, up to $5.7k

Cons

Only two shifts Tue-Sat or Sun-Fri. So not as much time for family.

Could be better, but good enough. Dont change anything.

reviews filtered by

Absolutely life changing employment

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than a year)

Pros

$1000+ a week easily. Very cool people to work with. Leadership is awesome, and the ability to advance up in the company is great and doesn't take years to get into a high level. You are judged based on your performance, as well as how long you have been there. However your work ethic and performance will determine how much you make. You dont have to get people signed up in contracts all the time, and the installation process, as well as set up is very easy.

Cons

hours can be a little long. As a DSR I dont get free cable (however I am able to claim it back on taxes).

Get together with your team at lease once a week and get their opinions as far as promotion ideas go. They are the ones in front of customers the most, and will tell you how the traffic is going. Also make sure you know your competition. Do not let a potential customer walk away because of something a competitor might offer. You should know what they offer, and why your service is better. Make sure you support your own product. Don't work for Comcast if all you will do is bash them, or not own any of the products.

2. Director Business Operations

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Like working here, done well here

Cons

long hours during budget season

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast