Great Place to Work with excellent benefits

Current Employee - Director in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Director in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The People. The Leadership. The strength of the company's financials. Internal opportunities. This is a company with a good balance between both young and experienced workers. The diversity of the workforce makes it both interesting and exciting to work for Comcast.

Cons

Sometime the pace of change is very quick and other times it can be soooo slow. Comcast grew through acquisition and as a result is a decentralized company that is trying to consolidate and standardized. This at times can be a painful exercise.

Advice to Management

Continue to diversify the the business lines and product offerings beyond Cable.

Other Employee Reviews for Comcast

Company has gone downhill fast

Current Employee - Customer Account Executive in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Account Executive in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is a wage you can live off of, and the health insurance is good. The 401k match is fairly generous. Local management in my call center cares about the individual workers.

Cons

Calls are being sent overseas, and the overseas reps only transfer the calls back to us stateside. The stats that we must meet are not reasonable. One of the stats is truck rolls; which if you are sending calls to us from overseas we're being set up to fail. Also there are no opportunities for advancement as the company would rather hire from outside for management positions.

Advice to Management

Stop the overseas outsourcing. Also we understand that there are busy times, but the call volume is ridiculous. I work the 3:30pm to midnight shift and my calls are back to back the entire time I'm working. The customers are complaining about waiting on hold for over an hour to reach us. I also do not feel comfortable lying to them and stating that we're experiencing unexpected high call volume.

Not the best experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Morgan Hill, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Morgan Hill, CA

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money was good when we were allowed to make it. Working conditions were satisfactory. Ability to be promoted was there. Enticements were decent. Training was very good.

Cons

Managers were very uneducated and unfair at times. Information was not passed down in a timely manner. Policies were changed way too often. Hours were not very flexible.

Advice to Management

Put yourselves in the shoes of your underlings, so that you can know better how to manage.