Comcast

www.comcast.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

Stressful but benefits are good, and you get free cable

Current Employee - Comm Tech IV in Cherry Hill, NJ
Current Employee - Comm Tech IV in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Free Cable, Internet
Discounted Phone Service
Company Truck
Company Laptop
Benefits are OK
401K
Working Hours

Cons

Customers hate you
Pay Rate
Stressful Job
Overworked some days
Too many time commitments in too little time
Launch Products without educating their techs
No room for advancement
Lack of tools

Get rid of the "clicks"

2508 Other Employee Reviews for Comcast (View Most Recent)

NOC Associate

Former Employee - NOC Technician in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - NOC Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

wonderful work from home options, discounted cable

Cons

low pay, no opportunity for growth. You can be fired for what you say on chat

Never again

Current Employee - CAE in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - CAE in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

When i first started with Comcast they bought out the local Adelphia cable system, everything seemded fine, until recently.

Cons

About around 2009 things started to change dramatically. Customer assistance fell by the wayside when we would no longer support half the equipment that we provided subscribers (ie routers, gateway systems and phone products). The same time the training for the job was getting less and less for any new products, it would get so bad that you would be asked by the customer how a certain new product worked and it would be something that you hadn't even heard about. When training was offered it was months after the fact, and rushed also to get a whole days training into a 45 min session. Last year my former tech support department was dissolved locally and moved to a different city so I was offered to reskill to stay local or commute. I reskilled, the reskill training was no better, anyone coming from tech department to the retention department previously would go throught a 6 week training program going over all types of things, we were given a week training and most of the time it was making posters and different signs not doing any real sales training or anything really pertinent to the job. After this for about 2 months I was sat with a supervisor that did nothing to help me to transition to this new position that I feel was forced on me. All around me people who know their job are being replaced by people who do not, and are giving out false and incorrect information. Now I am being told that the new people off the street are getting the sales training that was denied to me and others. Wouldn't it make sence to invest in your long time employees since they know the products like the back of thier hand. My voice of the customer rating is constistently at or around 100% and that means absolutely nothing now since now matter how happy they are with me if I dont sell them something else on top of what they have then I get knocked down regardless. If someone calls in now to lower ther bill and you are able to keep the services they have and RETAIN them as a customer it still means nothing since you didn't up their bill with another service that they don't want. Most people who get on my phone called a few days before and were charged something that they don't need or want to get a rep's commision higher and then I have to remove it to keep a customer or they will cancel. So at that point my stats go down lower so I can maintain my own ethical morals to help someone. I am currently looking for another place of employment so that I am not forced to undermine my own credibility by continually lying to the customer about not being able to help them save moeny when I see a lower price but giving this to them means cutting my nose off. To top it off with my seniority at the company my pay rate was cut down from around 18$ to 12$ so that I could stay local in a new department and seniority here means next to nothing anymore since restructuring the more sales you push the more say you have, leaving me and others like me just wallowing in the shadows.

I have recently been told by the customer base that more and more they are calling up getting outsourced agents answering phones, some of which don't know what a state abbreviation is like MN for Minnesota, not mountain region. When bringing in people off the streets to train don't just train them on selling, train on quality customer service as well. When the outsourced or any other employee is misinforming customers of the products and services we offer then it makes the job harder for the next rep since now it is an imposition to do our jobs cause we have to do the last reps job again. Also when customers bring in equipment to the local office make it easy for the local office personnel to close thier acct instead of calling in and another rep taking a hit to thier stats all because someone moved, it is not fair to the person taking the call. There is no constistency througout the company as prices and service vary in different states and cities, if we are trying to create a constistent system this needs to be address right away since there are diferent policies and procedures for different areas and were are expected to know them and any changes that come down regualrly to each area. Oh and stop being so greedy, we can provide a competively priced internet service without gouging the customer for it since it is on our own network we do not use third party systems or so I'm told. Prices keep going up and customer service keeps going down, it doesn't take a genius to see what comes next.

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast