There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

ok place to work if you have good upper management

Current Employee - Comm Tech V
Current Employee - Comm Tech V

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

salary is good, left alone if you perform well

Cons

hard to advance, impossible to transfer to another state

2081 Other Employee Reviews for Comcast (View Most Recent)

Decent place to spend a few years

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Complimentary service and take home vehicle

Cons

Work demands and week pay

Very challenging, but also very rewarding, you eat what you kill environment

I worked at Comcast full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing potential to make good money. I heard they changed the commission structure just recently in 2013 and have been told that the earning potential is down, but for the skill required to perform the work you can make a whole lot of money. It required goal seeking personality, because you are your one and true motivation for success in this environment, and you will be put in positions which are very difficult to overcome, but if you do just grind out the work with enthusiasm and good work ethic you can do well for yourself.

Cons

It won't be easy making that money, and the greatest drawback is you have to consider the mileage, gas, and wear and tear on your car since it's on average with the people working there, about 20k miles on your car per year. I put about 20k in 6 months. When i worked out the math i saw that i was basically spending over $1,000 in gas per month for work expenses, not to mention car depreciation etc etc. I calculated it to about subtracting $10k to $15k from your total earnings to accommodate gas and wear and tear, which when i made $70k, 55k to 60k wasn't worth the difficulty of the position during the winter when people come home at 5pm and it gets dark at 6pm. you have to knock doors in the cold and in the dark untill about 7 or 8 pm, the cold you can deal with, but people in general are not receptive at door to door sales people, and in the dark it is a completely different animal. you may find an occasional person, but it is brutal going through neighborhoods in the dark knocking on their doors selling them cable. And if you don't then you have very little chance of making any commission. The summer time i found to be amazing, it got dark later, you had more time to make sales then, so my advice is summers you need to give it everything you have and then some, and plan your vaca's during the winter to give yourself some breaks during the toughest part of the year. If my sales would have remained consistent during the winter as it had been during the summer months i would most likely have stayed, but whether i was making sales or not, i was still spending the same amount on expenses.

You need to have company vehicles provided or reimburse car expenses completely.

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!