Comcast

www.comcast.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

Flexible Job

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

You're really running your own business.

Cons

Too much change, you have to come up with creative ways to sell all if the time, and they fire you if you can't hit your numbers.

Upper management was good

2513 Other Employee Reviews for Comcast (View Most Recent)

Comcast is a Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Comcast cares about it's employees.

Cons

Need to support telecommuting more.

Keep up the good work!

Direct Sales position is getting more challenging and less rewarding!

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative (Door to Door Sales) in Rohnert Park, CA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Receiving free TV and Internet services is a great benefit. Mileage reimbursement plan works well. Plenty of Holiday, Flex Day, Vacation time and Float days off. Good benefits plan, although a few years ago, senior management did reduce the 401K match from 6% to 4.5% and they also discontinued the stock option plan in our dept. That was a big morale downer for the entire sales team.

Cons

1st level supervisors do the best they can, however senior management is so fixated on delivering stronger and stronger sales numbers that the job is nearly impossible to do if you truly want a satisfying work~life balance. Very poor customer service combined with many inept or lazy co-workers and even worse third-party vendors makes a tough job more difficult. Sales goals are unrealistic and the iCoMP system of reviewing/managing sales claims and pay verification is burdensome and time-consuming. It seems that the Sales Dept supervisors are spending most of their time filing reports and creating spreadsheets than actually doing what a sales supervisor is supposed to do - namely, to reduce/remove sales obstacles so the sales staff can get out to do what they do best.

It's tough enough to sell home phone and even TV service in the current tough economy where most folks just want fast Internet and. Netflix account, now I have to sell home security services! I understand that I work in an ever-changing sales environment but it seems that every year I stay at Comcast the workload gets bigger and my pay gets smaller.

The "good old days" are long gone, my friends.

It seems that upper management hasn't learned how to gain valuable information from actually talking to their employees; it's all about the accumulation and sifting of data.

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast