Network Engineer

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Network Engineer in Nashville, TN

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule and relaxed environment.

Cons

Lack of training and lower pay.

Advice to Management

Better benefits and more training.

Other Employee Reviews for Comcast

Direct Sales position is getting more challenging and less rewarding!

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative (Door to Door Sales) in Rohnert Park, CA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Receiving free TV and Internet services is a great benefit. Mileage reimbursement plan works well. Plenty of Holiday, Flex Day, Vacation time and Float days off. Good benefits plan, although a few years ago, senior management did reduce the 401K match from 6% to 4.5% and they also discontinued the stock option plan in our dept. That was a big morale downer for the entire sales team.

Cons

1st level supervisors do the best they can, however senior management is so fixated on delivering stronger and stronger sales numbers that the job is nearly impossible to do if you truly want a satisfying work~life balance. Very poor customer service combined with many inept or lazy co-workers and even worse third-party vendors makes a tough job more difficult. Sales goals are unrealistic and the iCoMP system of reviewing/managing sales claims and pay verification is burdensome and time-consuming. It seems that the Sales Dept supervisors are spending most of their time filing reports and creating spreadsheets than actually doing what a sales supervisor is supposed to do - namely, to reduce/remove sales obstacles so the sales staff can get out to do what they do best. It's tough enough to sell home phone and even TV service in the current tough economy where most folks just want fast Internet and. Netflix account, now I have to sell home security services! I understand that I work in an ever-changing sales environment but it seems that every year I stay at Comcast the workload gets bigger and my pay gets smaller. The "good old days" are long gone, my friends.

Advice to Management

It seems that upper management hasn't learned how to gain valuable information from actually talking to their employees; it's all about the accumulation and sifting of data.

2. Comcast has been a wonderful experience

Current Intern - Intern Finance in New York, NY
    Current Intern - Intern Finance in New York, NY

I have been working at Comcast as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Exposure to Upper management. Great program for training.

Cons

highly competitive for full time positions.