There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

It's a great company to work for

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Alpharetta, GA
Former Employee - Sales Agent in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Comcast part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees get cable services for FREE! Employees only pay $10 for home security and pay $4 for landline phones. Over $20 for Part-time employees get full-time benefits. They have permanent part-time job positions.

Cons

It doesn't matter how good the employee sale the products, because if the customer doesn't want it then they are not going to get it.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Mental and Emotion Vampire

Current Employee - Customer Service Inbound Sales in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Inbound Sales in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Free services, okay health, dental, vision benefits and good 401k plan, it's a job.

Cons

Lacks timely communications to employees, rules change too much, lack of proper training for job skills hired for, no support from leadership, unfair wages and lay off options. Job is emotionally stressful.

Advice to Management

My job was eliminated I was forced to take 1 of 2 options no job or a job I was obviously not skilled in. The change was handled very poorly and the training I and my peers received was not on how to sell your products but what to sell and how much was expected for us to sell. Several months later still many of us are clueless on how to sell your products since for better lack of words you took technical and billing people not sales people and told them you have to be something you are not or not have a job. We aren't sales people and now many of us have been terminated or written up for the first time for not doing our jobs properly but yet we were loyal and dedicated employees who did our jobs very well. Some of us have been there for over 15+ years and never once were we written up for not doing our jobs well and now all of a sudden we are deemed failures even after we received awards and amazing year end reviews year after year. My advice is if you wanted us to be something we are not Comcast should have trained us how to do the job not just tell us your expectations and then throw us to the wolves. Maybe Brian L. Roberts should come do our job for a month with the same exact training we received and with the huge cut in pay we were forced to take so he can see how hard he has made our lives.

2. Great culture and benefits

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great inclusive family culture. Benefits package is fantastic. Company is always evolving and growing - it's great to be a part of a company that is always looking to the future.

Cons

Some departments tend to reward positions at lower levels (organizational and experience) with higher compensation for various reasons which makes it harder for those employees to move into other areas of the business at the same level. This is common in many companies, though.