There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

Exciting, never ending evolution of products.

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Centennial, CO
Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good people and fun at times.

Cons

Stressful, work off hours, management need people skills.

Keep going, don't kill your people.

reviews filtered by

Constant politics & confusion by managers/supervisors

Former Employee - Account Executive/Sales in Morgan Hill, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive/Sales in Morgan Hill, CA

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, compensation & training

Cons

Corporate/managers are constantly changing matrix/procedures/reorganization. Call it "management by confusion." Job security is uncertain as next month they might decide to move your group to a different city or state. Things hopefully have changed. The last year I worked there I had 5 different bosses and was laid off as my job moved to another state.

Put together a team or hired a consultant to find out what is really going on in the different operations. When I first started you were rated "best company to work for" and after 5 years you were rated "the worst company to work for." What's wrong with this picture.

Comcast Entertainment Group: Fear Based Management

Former Employee - Director of Marketing in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Director of Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice offices in a central location on Wilshire. Some excellent employees at lower to mid level. Diverse workforce and very gay-friendly.

Cons

Comcast is incredibly cheap. Pay is below par for the television business and upper management is often insular and oblivious to day to day realities. I worked in the cable business for more than 15 years before I joined CEG (at the former G4) and never felt more removed from the industry as a whole or subjected to management based on whim and fear. There is little camaraderie and a lot of playing the blame game. Throwing someone under the bus if it saves your butt is not uncommon. If you are looking for a place with limited advancement opportunities, indifferent executives and below average pay/benefits, CEG is for you.

Grow up, wake up and actively listen to your direct reports. Failing up may work for upper management but it is a huge morale killer for the masses. Would also be great if the Comcast employee surveys DIDN'T ask questions that are clearly intended for staff members who work as CSRs and installers/cable techs. I worked for a television network, not at a local cable customer service counter.

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast