Great company

Current Employee - Director in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Director in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Types of products and services to work on, stock appreciation

Cons

Large organization and working on streamlining timelines to deploy new products and services

Advice to Management

Enhanced coordination with Divisions, regions and markets

Other Employee Reviews for Comcast

25 years of dedicated service with Comcast.

Former Employee - Account Services in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Account Services in Denver, CO

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, Opportunity for advancement, Cross training availability

Cons

Large corporations tend to lose that personal touch for their employees and customers. It becomes sell, sell, sell, and the Customer First aspect goes down the drain. I lost my job 4 years ago and applied for several other jobs in the company, and never got an interview, after being a dedicated employee, hard worker and cared about the company and employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to what employees have to say.

A company which doesn't particularly care how disruptive to one's life a constant on-call can be...

Former Employee - Headend Technician in Sterling Heights, MI
    Former Employee - Headend Technician in Sterling Heights, MI

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work was not particularly demanding all the time. We did not necessarily need to report to the same office as we had more than 70 technical sites to which we could report depending on our work needs. This drive and change of scenery made work life more interesting and less tedious. Pay was reasonable relative to the technical skills needed for the work.

Cons

Long hours accommodating last minute nightly work schedules after having worked a full day shift and on-call responsibilities are very disruptive to home life. Frequent weekly night shifts are par for this type of work, where service disruption to customers is likely possible.

Advice to Management

No matter how conscientious and ethical one is about their work behavior, it never seems to transfer into a customer's perception working at Comcast. In spite of the very hard work done by its employees, Comcast has one of the worst customer service records year after year. Management establishes barriers to prevent employees from providing the customer what they want and were promised.