Comcast

www.comcast.com
  www.comcast.com
There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

Fair employer, solid benefits, but don't look for the personal touch

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive
Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Terrific tools, solid portfolio of products, smart/experienced leadership, terrific benefits package, competitive compensation plan (though per current employees, rapidly headed in the wrong direction).

Cons

Profit, profit, profit. I understand that we're all here to make money, but the nanosecond you don't help Comcast's bottom line, see ya later. Slavish dedication to metrics and little if any loyalty to employees whatsoever. They're up-front about their approach, so I still generally recommend them as an employee, but wow. If you're in sales, don't look to Comcast as a long-term fit. You've heard of "what have you done for me lately"? Not like this, you haven't. They're in a dominant position in the telecom industry and they will turn and burn you without batting an eyelash.

None that would make any difference. They're making money, and that's unquestionably their bottom line, so who am I to judge? I wouldn't work there again, though.

2333 Other Employee Reviews for Comcast (View Most Recent)

Awesome place

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Solid company great benefits! A company that let's you take pride in your work. Easy to transfer from position to position. Always willing to let you learn as much as you want, but you have to want it!

Cons

Hard to get in to supervision. It seems like management has there favorites and will destroy your chances for advancement if your a top performer.

Give everyone a chance to prove them self for advancement. Coach them so they can accomplish there career aspirations. Listen to your technician on how to fix things. Don't ask and then put it on the bottom stack of paper worker. We are the heart and sole if the company.

Former B2B Account Exec. Worst Job Ever

Former Employee - B2B Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - B2B Account Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not much other than free cable.

Cons

When I first got out of the military as an officer in 2009, It was hard finding work and I took a job at Comcast as a B2B Sales Rep in the New England area. This was the worst job I have ever had in my life. The pay was low, the sales goals were unreachable, the computer program we used was home made by Comcast and never worked. This was a 100% Churn-and-Burn job and that's how the management team looked at us, as disposable, they knew we wouldn't stick around and put up with this treatment any longer than we had to. Wasting a year of my life in this position drove me to go to graduate school, which in turned opened up much better doors for me.

On a side note when I worked there and the majority of the sales team was on performance plan for not hitting the quota, the VP decided to raise the quota even higher and when the sales managers and director told the VP that they already couldn't hit the sales quotas as they were, they let all the sales managers and director go.

Instead of constantly hiring a bunch sales reps for $30,000 a year and having them cold call until they give up or get let go for not hitting an unattainable sales quota, invest in hiring good people, equip them with the resources and training to succeed and create a professional sales force. Also since your revenue for 2013 was $16.15 Billion do yourselves a favor and buy a real computer program so your salesmen don't have to spend half of the day fixing orders instead of making sales.

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast