Not a bad place to work.

Current Employee - Comm Tech I  in  Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Comm Tech I in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Comcast full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pepole are pretty great. and its an overall fun job. I have had fun getting to know the people I work with. This job tends to attract a certain type of person, and that is a pretty fun person.

Cons

Just like any job with Sales reps they can sometimes be a pain in the ass. Starting pay is a little low. Goals are sometimes a little bit unatainable.

make the goals a little more realistic. Need to not jump to conclusions so fast. and a little more training on the multitude of programs we use.

Other Reviews for Comcast

the public company face is much different than day to day operations and policies.

Current Employee - Retention Specialist  in  Sterling Heights, MI
    Current Employee - Retention Specialist in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits and diversity, free cable.

Cons

there is no consistency. People who bend the rules to achieve success are lauded, while folks who work hard and uphold integrity are pushed to the wayside. Its all about the numbers, management doesn't care truly about day to day contact and customer satisfaction, only how it overall effects their numbers. This is why there is so much turn over.

Entry level employees are incredibly expendable and it shows. The left hand doesn't know what the right is doing, there is no overall consistency in this large company.

Unethical Wasteland

Former Employee - Technician  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Technician in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get paid eventually but always on time

Cons

Constantly lying to customers, employee deceive, technicians are lazy, can over charge due to monopoly over other companies.

Better screening with hiring reps and techs, better incentive for contractors, needs a surveyor inspections before adding services, lower hidden taxes and fees, quit splitting up channels to get customer to pay more, call customer before promos end instead of just over charging, organize payment arrangements for low income family on internet, stop sending techs in dangerous neighborhoods by themselves, stop sending rep jobs overseas and create call centers here in the US, make upper management take a psych eval before letting them continue to lead (the leaders create future leaders and a standard needs to be set), and lastly Comcast is a huge and powerful company there is no need to treat your employees that are breaking there back for you like peons in chess they are people no pieces!!

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast.

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!