Comcast
3.1 of 5 1,676 reviews
www.corporate.comcast.com Philadelphia, PA 5000+ Employees

From the get-go, in my particular position, I got the feeling Comcast was willing to invest in my success here.

Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Manassas, VA

I have been working at Comcast full-time for less than a year

ProsAs of right now, a fairly decent commission structure (though I hear this may change [icomp]). Some amount of flexibility if you are exceeding goals. Company puts a lot of money into your success, such as work tools (ipad, company phone, messenger bag and other helpful materials, work uniforms, heavy duty jackets for cold weather), comfort (hotel or gas reimbursement for out of town training, meals provided for meetings or training sessions), and incentives (on top of base and commission, there are sales incentives for the truly motivated, most common of which are incremental gift cards).

ConsDemanding and potentially exhausting. Strong work ethic is a requirement. Goals must be met. Work in all kinds of weather, no exceptions. Packages and promotions change all the time, so you have to stay adaptive with your pitch. It can, at times, feel like you are always at work. Supervisors breathe down your neck and micromanage you, most likely because theirs are breathing down their own. It's a numbers game - play it or get replaced.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that the work we put in is not limited to the 11-8 work day. We may want that extra day off to recoup from answering customer calls and baby-sitting installations on our days off or before and after hours on work days. The more sales we make, the more of this work there is to be done. So be lenient on the top performers that appear to be getting burnt out.

Great People make a great environment

Supervisor (Former Employee)
Lynnwood, WA

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Benefits were great Compensation was competitive Great work/life balance Good people to work… Cons: Divisional leadership rushes through change without thinking of all the impact Very secretive with big decisions… Advice to Senior Management: Standardize field practices across all markets prior to standardizing customer service operations and Involve all the stakeholders before making big… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A good job if you can hold on to it

Warehouse/Materials (Current Employee)
Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Good people, great benefits, local management is open and easy… Cons: Higher Management makes questionable decisions which can have devastating effects… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Comcast.

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Comcast reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Comcast CEO Brian L. Roberts. All reviews posted anonymously by Comcast employees.