Comcast

www.comcast.com

2075 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

From the get-go, in my particular position, I got the feeling Comcast was willing to invest in my success here.

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative  in  Manassas, VA
Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Manassas, VA

Pros

As of right now, a fairly decent commission structure (though I hear this may change [icomp]). Some amount of flexibility if you are exceeding goals. Company puts a lot of money into your success, such as work tools (ipad, company phone, messenger bag and other helpful materials, work uniforms, heavy duty jackets for cold weather), comfort (hotel or gas reimbursement for out of town training, meals provided for meetings or training sessions), and incentives (on top of base and commission, there are sales incentives for the truly motivated, most common of which are incremental gift cards).

Cons

Demanding and potentially exhausting. Strong work ethic is a requirement. Goals must be met. Work in all kinds of weather, no exceptions. Packages and promotions change all the time, so you have to stay adaptive with your pitch. It can, at times, feel like you are always at work. Supervisors breathe down your neck and micromanage you, most likely because theirs are breathing down their own. It's a numbers game - play it or get replaced.

Understand that the work we put in is not limited to the 11-8 work day. We may want that extra day off to recoup from answering customer calls and baby-sitting installations on our days off or before and after hours on work days. The more sales we make, the more of this work there is to be done. So be lenient on the top performers that appear to be getting burnt out.

Other reviews for Comcast

Great People make a great environment

Former Employee - Supervisor  in  Lynnwood, WA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Lynnwood, WA

Pros

Benefits were great
    Compensation was competitive
    Great work/life balance
    Good people to work with

Cons

Divisional leadership rushes through change without thinking of all the impact
    Very secretive with big decisions often times not involving local leadership until after decisions are made
    Hard to use billing software

Standardize field practices across all markets prior to standardizing customer service operations and Involve all the stakeholders before making big decisions. They can often tell you exactly what the impact will be like and help you plan for the worst.

A good job if you can hold on to it

Current Employee - Warehouse/Materials  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Warehouse/Materials in Fort Myers, FL

Pros

Good people, great benefits, local management is open and easy to talk to.

Cons

Higher Management makes questionable decisions which can have devastating effects on its workers.

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast.

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!