There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

no micro-management, decent paying, but no job security

Current Employee - Xfinity Event Team in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Xfinity Event Team in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good pay/benefits, very flexible hours, no micro managing, reasonable goals

Cons

no communications, department has been dismantled twice in 3 years, have to reapply for own position every time the department reorganizes, lack of job security, no advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

advancement opportunities! we work hard to move up as people who have never been on the floor selling takes the management positions. A degree is good, but means nothing if the person has no feel for what its like in the trenches.

Other Employee Reviews for Comcast

Downward Spiral

Former Employee - Customer Account Executive in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Account Executive in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Comcast starts at a decent hourly rate, great benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, 401K, stock options, tuition reimbursement, legal consultations & discounted representation, 24/7 toll-free HR hotline, complementary employee services, corporate discounts with affiliate companies, paid vacation, paid sick days, paid "float" days, quarterly performance bonuses, and great upward mobility opportunities. All in all I loved working there for the majority of the time I was with this company.

Cons

Division reconstruction of the company eliminates opportunities for most customer care positions such as retention, billing, video and advanced tech support, from the Portland area. Portland has transformed into Comcast's Center of Excellence for Inbound Sales, which are the only call center CAE positions available in Oregon. All other positions, below management level, are going to be in tech ops, service center, and perhaps some administrative opportunities in the corporate offices...

Advice to Management

I feel that there should be multiple departments covering each local area. It offers peace of mind to the customers as they feel more comfortable speaking with a local that can relate to them, in addition to locals being able to be up to date on current events effecting their area without having to look it up in a computer system with the customer on hold, as well as offering opportunities for the company to have the best of the best for all areas rather than taking in reps for only one purpose. Eliminating all of the care positions from Portland cost the company, just from my care department alone, much more outstanding reps and supervisors than I feel Comcast executives should deem as acceptable. Portland care reps, at least those in which I was acquainted, and I, were extremely passionate about what we provided the customers in which we had the privilege of assisting, which was heavily enriched by the connection that was formed by associating with them as a peer or a neighbor. Converting to COE's has eliminated the personal connection people had with the company prior to the change. In-fact once I was no longer an employee I was forced to completely cancel all of my Comcast services simply because of the grotesque decline in the quality of customer care that is available to paying customers. The only reason I was able to retain friends and family members as Comcast customers was because I took the liberty in cross-training myself in other department CAE functions, and with the approval and supervision of my immediate supervisor, was able to resolve their concerns. All of my friends and family that have other options available in their area since I left Comcast have also discontinued their services because of the poor quality of their experience with care reps. I doubt that this feedback will change anything that Corporate HQ intends to do, but perhaps it is a perspective worth keeping in mind as I am not speaking not only as a former employee, but also as a former customer.

"Striving to change the customer experience."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Sandy, UT

I have been working at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

21 Days of Vacation A Year Discounted Services Department Incentives The Ability to Make Reasonable Adjustments To Customer Accounts Within Reason

Cons

Very clique oriented, it's not what you know but who you know. Angry customers. Inconsistent information from Sales department on customer pricing rates. Hard To Meet Metrics Only Have 4 minutes 30 seconds to resolve customers concerns.

Advice to Management

Hire people who have the ability & the drive to do a good job into upper management, instead of who your closely affiliated. Just because you know them and like them doesn't always make them the most deserving or the most qualified for the position.