Comcast

www.comcast.com

2077 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

It is difficult.

Current Employee - Customer Account Executive  in  Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Customer Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

The work environment is very positive

Cons

The calls and the way we deal with customers is horrible

Apple has better customer service standards.

Other reviews for Comcast

Frustrating, gut wrenching, indubitably bland, and life changing.

Former Employee - CAE III Retention  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - CAE III Retention in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

-Comission structure pre April 2014
    - Co workers were a joy to be around
    - Immediate Supervisor was quite possibly the best mentor one could ask for in a ruthless industry such as
      cable/telecommunications
    - Location was perfect for those moments where I had to take an early break to release the arduous amounts of stress (Mountain air and views)
    - Immediate Supervisor pushed the team based on our unique ways in handling complex situations and motivated us on an individual basis. This was a strategy that worked because it was not rooted in dollar amounts.
    - Generous 401k company match 5% and EXCELLENT benefits with regards to health and perks

Cons

The challenges in this job were absolutely soul crushing...
    - Inbound phone calls from the most ruthless and ridiculous customer base I have ever worked with
    - Metrics were increasingly absurd in how it measured sales as the number one factor when the job was about retaining customers who were intent on cancelling their subscription (I understand the business idea behind this but the metrics were far and away from the reality of things)
    - Rampant unethical behavior in the Sales department forced Retention agents (including myself) to fix accounts rather than focus on saving business. However, upper management either didn't care or did not want to address the problem. This in turn led to rampant turnover rates and fostered a sweep it under the carpet mentality
    - Encouragement was through dollar amounts rather than actually helping customer's fix their obvious account issues. Overseas billing could not quite understand their own systems let alone company wide information. This brings me to my next point......
    -COMPLETE LACK OF INTERNAL COMMUNICATION. I cannot stress enough that the main reason in which I was utterly exhausted everyday stemmed from the constant battle that took place with customers on the phone. It almost always centered on false promises by previous billing and sales reps or advertising that was NOT consistent. Beyond frustrating.
    - Mediocre pay in the grand scheme of things due to high tax rates on monthly commission checks. Comcast has no control over the reps being taxed like it's a bonus but the company purposefully does this in order to not shell out too much money to its employees. I can't say I blame Comcast but it can be quite annoying come payday to see 800-1000 removed from one check a month. Ugh.

Adhere to the company mantra and make sure departments are doing their best in fixing internal communication. Start with revamping the system and have promotional pricing standard through each division ie. West, Central, and Northeast.

Remove the rampant unethical behavior that allows for Sales reps to gain dollars in their commission checks and screws Retention reps in constant account disconnects. You can't tie employee pay to a system that accepts and encourages unethical behavior and expect for satisfied customer's and employees. Most employees want to be honest with how they conduct business and not resort to manipulation tactics and blatant lies just to make sure they have food on the table. It's a plague that seemingly increased in numbers starting mid 2013.

Evil, greedy company that does not care about its workers, just the bottom line

Former Employee - Communications Technician II
    Former Employee - Communications Technician II

Pros

Decent benefits, almost free cable and internet

Cons

The typical corporate culture of not giving a damn about employees. Long hours, little pay, management will seldom go to bat for you. Instead, they cover their own butts and suck up to their bosses. Pray to your god that nothing happens in your personal life and you have to take time off. They will fight you tooth and nail; I have first-hand experience. Things happen, and after nearly 2 years of busting my butt I can't even take a week off when something comes up. Yes, I had the vacation saved up, it was just on short notice.

Quit trying to ruin the internet by lobbying and pushing for an end to net neutrality. Websites should not have to pay more to your greedy company just to have normal/fast speeds through your service. I don't think the senior leadership need more summer homes and yachts. Try getting your internet service up to par with the rest of the world, then actually pay your employees a liveable wage.

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast.

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!