There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

Financially stable company to work for

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a Direct Sales Rep, you are allowed great deal of autonomy and great pay. Comcast pays a lot more than other telecommunication companies for the direct sales position. I My love my immediate supervisor and really like my team members. It is a very relaxed atmosphere and great place to make a career. Great benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Short term/Long term disability, Supplemental insurance, life insurance, 401 k, discounted stock options, multiple stock options, discounted cable, discounts towards Universal Studios tickets, etc.) They match your 401 k contributions up to 4.5% of your income which is outstanding. Also, very generous holiday, vacation, flex, floating holiday and other time off schedule. Full time employees start with 1 week of paid vacation (based on your previous years earnings to calculate your hourly) after the first 90 days of probation. After 5 years of employment, it will increase to 2 weeks and up to three weeks after ten. Also, in my experience race, gender, etc. does not play a part as most of the my team members and immediate higher ups are considered to be minority. I believe that Comcast genuinely cares about its employees. They are always asking, surveying how they are doing and what can be done to foster a better atmosphere. There is an open door policy and all employees have access to HR and Comcast Listens which allows for anonymous whistle blowing or sharing of other concerns.

Cons

Comcast is too big for its own good. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. Even though each department has put emphasis on their own teams, they do not communicate and cooperate effectively with other departments to streamline the processes and offer better internal/external customer service experience. Even though are sales channel is paid generously, the same cannot be said of other departments which could lead to low employee morale and performance. This explains why Comcast consistently ranks on the bottom of JD Power customer service rankings for telecom providers. Also, most of Comcast's training is via Comcast University which is done online by the employee. Even though virtual setting has its advantages (cost/resources), it fails to adequately prepare some employees for their specific job. For example, in the sales arena, there are a million online modules that will teach an employee about tech., brand, etc. but fail to teach actual sales training. Lastly, Comcast needs to empower employees to make basic decisions and avoid multiple layers of decisions for a routine task.

Advice to Management

I would advise upper management to empower front and mid level managers to have more autonomy in their decision making. Steam line processes and allow your sales reps a little authority in order to minimize cost/manpower hours waste and allow for better customer service experience.

Other Employee Reviews for Comcast

1. Old company that continues to run in reverse than looking at the future

Current Employee - Business in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The health care package is good and you get discounts on their products

Cons

One of the lowest paid companies, Management does not know the products and does things that have no relevance to the day-day process.

Advice to Management

Learn the products and understand how they work and stop telling experienced people how to run them. You need to get a clear understanding of what goes on the floor and what type of calls are coming in and stop looking at a piece paper for your answers.

2. Loved it at first - then restructuring twice in one year was too much

Former Employee - Human Resources
    Former Employee - Human Resources

I worked at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good salary and benefits; good technical infrastructure and support; loved people I worked with

Cons

Training was minimal; company values were positive on the surface, but once you had been there a while you saw this to be untrue. Too many changes, restructuring, and reductions in force in small period of time left a dissatisfied culture.

Advice to Management

Be honest and upfront instead of providing "lip service" as to what's really going on. Provide more training.