There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

Great Place to work

Current Contractor - Product Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
Current Contractor - Product Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company gives you open space to grow. Very friendly environment, higher management very interactive, systematic method of work, very intelligent folks working in company from more den 35 years and they are still polite whenever you need any guidance.
Vendor Management is very powerful.

Cons

Customer service is not so great.

Need some Air during work hours in HQ, its hectic production team and long day doesn't mean productive day.

reviews filtered by
  1. Loved working at the loyalty call center in Colorado Springs

Former Employee - Loyalty in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Loyalty in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun environment and lots of incentives like trips, iPads TV's, gift cards...etc, great pay and commissions, great leadership. Very well trained in the job position and coaching are usually positive. Superior products compared to any other company

Cons

Comcast is a business that is money driven, need more focus on customers. Stats change constantly due to business needs which is understandable, not a lot of room for promotions in call center.

Great job just try to think about the customer more instead of the bottom line

2. Extensive Training, GREAT perks

Former Employee - CAE II, Technical Support Specialist in York, PA
    Former Employee - CAE II, Technical Support Specialist in York, PA

I worked at Comcast full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The training was 8 weeks long, and we had several different trainers. One of them treated us as if we were high school students, which was weird. The training was long but taught us quite a bit. The pay is great, with a 10% differential if you worked past 8 p.m. Company perks are fantastic. Cable and internet for employees is like $20, for all the channels including the movie channels. Company giveaways and get together food things happened frequently, and in between calls you could read or color or just search the internet. Pretty awesome.

Cons

Some calls were awful. Rude people just calling to be rude. Training felt like a waste of time after actually getting on the phones... the "practice" calls you did between classmates were laughable. Those situations never happened, ever. Lots and lots of sitting, and you need to get up and stretch or you'll get neck problems. HUGE problem was not being able to transfer within a year of being hired. I moved a few months after being hired and had to quit rather than just transfer.

Shorten the training, focus more on the computer system and less on policies, etc.

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast