There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

A great place to work with excellent benefits

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Southfield, MI
Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

It's more of a family run business than a corporate environment. We are more a part of the big picture than a small segment of the business and tend to work across channels. The cost of benefits are very inexpensive compared to other large companies. The 401k plan is a 1 to 1 match up to 6% of your contribution. There is an employee stock plan that allows you to purchase stock at a 15% discount. The perks of being in the entertainment business is that many events are sponsered and hence free tickets are available to employees on a regular basis.

Cons

The pay could be a little higher, but then again it is offset by the low cost of benefits and friendly working atmosphere. Compared to other large corporations, the pay could be bumped up a bit. It is known throughout the ranks that they do not pay as well as other companies, but on the good side, the employees don't really complain. The main reason is the great benefits and fringes. I really don't have anything bad to say about the company and so to use up the 100 words I am going to keep typing this response until all the words are used up.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, but look into consolidating some of the decentralized functions. It seems that every location has an accounting team, warehouse team, etc. I believe some of these functions could be more centralized thus increasing the bottom line.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Comcastic Growing Pains....

Current Employee - Manager in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Manager in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Fast paced, cutting edge company. Diverse workplace and lots of growth opportunities. Awesome benefit package and plenty of room for career growth.

Cons

Lots of reorganizing and no job security. Seems like company grew too fast. Bad customer service is a terrible problem. When you say you work at Comcast people always equate that with a company that providews terrible customer service. I am proud to work at Comcast....I wish we had good customer service so that customers would be able to depend on good service.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate with lower level employees, continue to explain the competition and how we can help. Get the call centers and techs to provide better customer service so we can get out of the tanks and out of the news for having the worst customer service.

2. Comcast is a fair reasonable place to work.

Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

They encourage self empowerment, and equal oportunity. They require skills updating and help keep you up to date. They hire excellent people.

Cons

The work load is a little overwhelming at times, but they encourage vacations.

Advice to Management

Let us know we are in a stable work environment as the economy is shakey and making people nervous.