Comcast

www.comcast.com
  www.comcast.com
There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

Typical corporate America company.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Mount Laurel, NJ
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

The benefits are super: free cable, 6% matching 401K, ESPP, health and dental excellent for the area, tuition assistance, paid time off is above average, and more. If you have the right management, job support is excellent, hours are flexible, and you can't beat it.

Cons

Getting into a group of good managers is more often than not impossible. Most managers-to-directors are weak and follow the company ask instead of supporting their subject matter experts. There is no clear understanding on what it takes to advance, and as with most places, hard work is not rewarded. The HR is weak and can make it awkward when it comes to moving to another position. Projects are regularly supported by the same people and priorities are re-ordered hourly (in my opinion).

Share your vision more clearly and you may find that the workers may be more supportive. Stop re-org'ing every 18 months. Root out the bad managers -- maybe even offer a way for a reverse review process from the subordinates to the management.

2335 Other Employee Reviews for Comcast (View Most Recent)

sometimes it is not always about the money, it's respect

Current Employee - Administrative Assitant in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assitant in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

the people you work with day in and day out. we hire some really good people.

Cons

It hurts when you here managers say they only care about "how many butts" are on the phones.
    Also support personell get no respect, and we are pulled in 12 directions by different departments. and the use of emotional blackmail when you need to spend time with your new born or with a parent, is just wrong. and the phrase "needs of the business" is a catch all word so you can stay a little longer or come in later etc.

Treat everyone with respect no matter what dept they work in. Have faith in us and we give you our best. But the carrot and stick method really sucks.

Comcast does not care about thier employees

Former Employee - Whipping Boy in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - Whipping Boy in San Rafael, CA

I worked at Comcast

Pros

Salary, Benefit package, training, Vice President of the Northbay

Cons

Stress, Comcast Culture is not evenly shared across all mangement, Comcast is after the $$ and does not take care of the customer, Comcast Northbay management does not care about the employees family or health. They would rather work them them till 9 or 10pm at night to get more customers on then let the average employee have a life. If Comcast Northbay continues on the road it is traveling now they will be breaking up families and causeing more stress on thier employees. Comcast hourly employees morale, health, and well being are in a fast downward spiral and is about to go out of control. If Management does not change the way it deals with the hourly employees and put them first over the customer they will have a mutiny on thier hands. It is almost at the boiling point and I see it spilling over in a few months and it will be ugly.

Re-evaluate all management from the Director down. Let thier employees have a life outside Comcast.

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast