There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

You won't be bored

Former Employee - Engineer in West Chester, PA
Former Employee - Engineer in West Chester, PA

I worked at Comcast

Pros

Fast paced environment, they do give their employees training, newer technology, lots and lots of work. Working at Comcast you will learn to move or get out of the way. It's a fast paced company with focus on getting things done. I personally like that and thrive in that environment so I enjoyed the hustle and bustle of Comcast. I learned more at Comcast then at other companies.

Cons

The threat of outsourcing, pressure to get things done on tight deadlines. (not a con for me) reorgs, the same basic things that everyone else says about a HUGE company, there is a lot of Red tape but any company this size there is red tape..

pay attention to your employees. :)

2170 Other Employee Reviews for Comcast (View Most Recent)

It's ok

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westland, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westland, MI

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Comcast is a National company that offers many job opportunities especially if you're willing to relocate. Good pay, discounted Comcast services for all employees and decent medical benefits.

Cons

Communication could be a bit better as far as job procedures are concerned. Job processes change constantly. Management should take more of a team role in day to day activities.

Get more feedback from employees on processes that work and don't work. Work more directly with employees to understand the ins and outs of their jobs.

Think twice

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at Comcast

Pros

The benefits package is acceptable. Free internet and cable but you have to live in an area where it is available otherwise you lose out (no reimbursement). Stock options are a plus.

Cons

Managers and above do not know their jobs. They solicate feedback but never react to major issues. Even if you are a superstar, you will get an average or below average rating. I have more than excelled (according to others in other departments) and I still got rated average. While I am not prejudice, the only people that get promoted are women. I have had 5 managers while I was working for this company and all of them had been promoted but not one had any knowledge of their job or the product that they supported.

The last manager that I had before I resigned (abruptly) tried to give my position away to a consultant. This is the same manager that I interviewed for their position but was never asked my opinion from the interview. The same manager took work that I produced and gave it to their manager with their name on it while giving no credit to the original developer. I was lucky when the person that was offered my job came to me and explained what had happened (the consultant had worked under me at another company).

While this may not be the same treatment with all of the senior management, it is certainly the same treatment that you can expect from a good portion of them. They preach teamwork and company values yet each person is only out for themselves and only themselves.

Put the right people into the right positions. If you want to retain good talent, stop the favoritism, give credit where credit is due, and take care of the people that work hard and know their jobs. Stop promoting people who play the networking game because in the end, you will be left with nothing but a bunch of idiot butt kissers.

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast