Comcast
3.1 of 5 1,674 reviews
www.corporate.comcast.com Philadelphia, PA 5000+ Employees

Think twice

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at Comcast

ProsThe benefits package is acceptable. Free internet and cable but you have to live in an area where it is available otherwise you lose out (no reimbursement). Stock options are a plus.

ConsManagers and above do not know their jobs. They solicate feedback but never react to major issues. Even if you are a superstar, you will get an average or below average rating. I have more than excelled (according to others in other departments) and I still got rated average. While I am not prejudice, the only people that get promoted are women. I have had 5 managers while I was working for this company and all of them had been promoted but not one had any knowledge of their job or the product that they supported.

The last manager that I had before I resigned (abruptly) tried to give my position away to a consultant. This is the same manager that I interviewed for their position but was never asked my opinion from the interview. The same manager took work that I produced and gave it to their manager with their name on it while giving no credit to the original developer. I was lucky when the person that was offered my job came to me and explained what had happened (the consultant had worked under me at another company).

While this may not be the same treatment with all of the senior management, it is certainly the same treatment that you can expect from a good portion of them. They preach teamwork and company values yet each person is only out for themselves and only themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut the right people into the right positions. If you want to retain good talent, stop the favoritism, give credit where credit is due, and take care of the people that work hard and know their jobs. Stop promoting people who play the networking game because in the end, you will be left with nothing but a bunch of idiot butt kissers.

Customer Service in WPB

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Comcast

Pros: -Large company with respectable and trusted brand name -Company has own office building which is clean and well maintained -Friendly and… Cons: -Company does not delineate between customer service and sales departmental functions, Comcast believes they are one in the same -Company places a heavy emphasis on… Advice to Senior Management: My criteria for whether a workplace is enjoyable or not is quite simple; is there a smile on my face when I walk through the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

It's just a JOB

Houston, TX

I have been working at Comcast

Pros: The benefits...free cable, phone and internet. Cons: Lack of growth potential, training those less than management and… Advice to Senior Management: Be willing to reward hard work and invest in those… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Comcast.

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Comcast reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Comcast CEO Brian L. Roberts. All reviews posted anonymously by Comcast employees.