There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

The ups and downs of call center life...

Current Employee - Tier II in Silver Spring, MD
Current Employee - Tier II in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Great benefits package, medical dental, vision, complimentary services, educational reimbursement and ESPP are outstanding. Although the pay is mediocre at best when compared to other companies in telecommunications and IT, the benefits package does make up for some of the gap.

Cons

Lack of communication in a communications company. People are hired with little to no experience to do their job and their responsibilities end up being shifted to other employees. Way too much hand holding and turn over.

Hire (and hold) more qualified people!!! Stop hiring people for technical jobs WHO ARE NOT TECHNICALLY PROFICIENT!

reviews filtered by
  1. Comcast is a place for transisition

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Comcast

Pros

The best thing about working for Comcast is that they give you free Cable TV and also free internet access. Also, the benefits are not the best but are also not the worst in the industry. It seems everyone is skimping on medical these dayts.

Cons

Thw worst part about working for Comcast is that you must be ready to work long days. Besides that , there is alot else that is wrong with this company. Some people say that everything else besides the free internet and free cable tv is wrong. I think you can learn alot but you need to go out and do this for yourself. Overall, I would read the current news headlines if you want to see what is going on with management. It's no secret

Need to be retrained

my experience with comcast could have been better

Current Employee - Retention CAE in Tinley Park, IL
    Current Employee - Retention CAE in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Then benefits with comcast are wonderful....and the free cable, phone, and internet are great aswell

Cons

atmospher is negative, rigid work environment....It feels like a military envirinment. Adults are managed like children. A bathroom break causes heads to turn. You are expected to be plugged into your phone and every work that comes out of your mouth is literally recorded. And can then be used against you if desired.

Allow for a mute on the phone system so that if I sneeze due to allergies or a cold I can prevent the customer on the other line from sharing my experience.

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast