Comcast Spotlight

www.comcastspotlight.com
  www.comcastspotlight.com
There are newer employer reviews for Comcast Spotlight

Good place to work.

I have been working at Comcast Spotlight full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, people, stable parent company.

Cons

Salaries are semi-competitive - benefits make up for that.

137 Other Employee Reviews for Comcast Spotlight (View Most Recent)

Probably not a long-term place to work

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Comcast Spotlight full-time (less than an year)

Pros

OK benefits, free cable. Great product and customer's get quite a lot for their money. Great people supporting the salespeople, from research, marketing and IT down to the sales support. Most of the employees give 110% to their job. Lots of diversity in the workplace. A lot of systems in place if the employee is having issues with ethics, harassment etc.

Cons

Definite favoritism with AE's, especially the ones at the top. The most Senior AE has only being there 4 years. Every AE that I've met has been written-up at least once, even the top performers. Upper management has the "my way or the highway attitude", and lets employees know if you don't like the way things are done than you can find another job. Very low base salary. Charge-back policy of only 60-days is outrageous. Way too much time is wasted on tedious, time-consuming data entry, when salespeople should be out in the field selling.

Listen to your employees because they're on the street talking to your customers, they probably have some valuable information. If you're going to have a low base pay, than you need to have a higher commission percentage. Change charge-back for all accounts to 120-days. Remove tedious data-entry for AE's to people who aren't reliant on being out in the field to make money. Writing-up salespeople only de-motivates them.

A Career Dead End

I worked at Comcast Spotlight full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very reduced rate for cable & internet service

Cons

There is a 10% rule, meaning that you will never get a pay increase more than 10% of what you already make.

So therefore, if this is your first job out of college making about $26K a year, you will never be given an appropriate raise as your experience and knowledge increases. It's cheaper to simply lowball you in pay and just have you quit so they can hire the next chump.

Or, they will just eliminate your job position, re-name the exact same duties as something else, and hire another kid looking for his/her first after college job.

This is a dead end. Stay away. If I had known years ago what I know now, I would have turned down Comcast Spotlight. Thankfully, I'm at a different company and my experience is much better.

Treat your employees with respect. Pay them competitively. They're people with families, not expendable servants that you can rip off then discard.

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast Spotlight