There are newer employer reviews for Comerica

Bank Opportunity

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I  in  Houston, TX
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Houston, TX

I worked at Comerica part-time for more than a year

Pros

I was able to get my experience in banking with Comerica Bank. I recommend people to work for a great company that gives back to their employees.

Cons

I cannot really complain about Comerica Bank. Overall, was highly satisifed working at Comerica.

207 Other Employee Reviews for Comerica (View Most Recent)

You can be what you want to be

Former Employee - Vice President  in  Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Vice President in Bloomfield Hills, MI

I worked at Comerica full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Opportunity for advancement is only limited by your ability to look for it.

Cons

Limited openings sometimes if you want to stay in the came career track.

Allow people who are "chomping" at the bits to move ahead.

Personal Banker

Former Employee - Personal Banker  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in San Diego, CA

I worked at Comerica full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company is smaller so you get to know everyone. In addition very slow in a branch you might go the entire day without seeing a customer.

Cons

There are a number of serious cons when working for Comerica. I will start by saying I worked in San Diego California and other places like Michigan where the company has the most branches are better. Turnover is extremely high it almost caused me not to except my job regrettably I did which turned out to be a mistake. The Technology is horrible and I have no other way to put it. It’s like taking a time machine back to the 80’s. For the employees and the customers it’s hard. In addition the region has no clear direction at one point it’s all about cross sells and checking accounts. Another point it’s about DDA dollars. Sales goals change and they have no way of tracking because the technology is so bad. In fact everything takes so long to reflect in your sales you could really just make up numbers for 6 months it would take them that long to notice. In addition lending is impossible more conservative than most banks and I came from Wells Fargo which is known for being a conservative lender. The loan process is so disorganized you can’t give people timely updates. Most of the time it’s a decline and the customer goes to any other bank where they can get approved. In a nut shell this is a company stuck in the past and unable to embrace the future if you’re from a major bank I recommend looking somewhere else. Everything that has to do with HR is outsourced so even the hiring process is lengthy, like everything else with this company it moves extremely slow took 3 months. Job and bank turned out being so dysfunctional I left within 2 months and accepted another offer. Sadly I literally know about 4 people including managers that have been with Comerica more than 1 year the longest was 3 years. Again this is in San Diego which may be the most dysfunctional region.

The Company needs a makeover. Systems need to be in place to make a process easier and you need to embrace change or be left behind. If you want to say you're a major bank act like one.

There are newer employer reviews for Comerica

Worked for Comerica? Contribute to the Community!