Comerica
www.comerica.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

24 years at Comerica

IT Manager (Current Employee)
Auburn Hills, MI

ProsComerica generally cares about their employees. The is resistance against outsourcing. Working conditions and environments are good to excellent. The company put a lot of focus and training into improving employee behaviors.

Very low employee turnover in IT.

ConsProcess improvement has been identified as a benefit so a lot of work has been done to improve processes. However, we have processed ourselves to death in several areas. Too many processes and controls when they aren't needed just to say the process has been changed with little real measurement of if the change was positive.

Staff is aging in IT. Many of the key resources are either already at retirement age or very close. Key people have been retiring at an alarming rate as the economy has been improving. industry pressure to do more with less staff have worked against bringing in replacement staff in time to get them trained and up to speed. It also causes problems because some of the senior are twice as productive as junior staff that hasn't completely developed making a one to one replacement not equivalent..

Advice to Senior ManagementComerica is highly critical of their managers. Most tend to focus performance reviews on the few things that went wrong and forget about the thousands of things that went right. This is common to the IT corporate culture. It would improve moral and productivity to focus more on achievements than just misses alone.

Advancement in management is almost non-exsistant for the past several years. Most new managers have been hired from the outside because internal managers and staff are rarely seen as acceptable candidates for promotion versus outside staff without a background at Comerica.

Comerica - Cutting Its Way to Propsperity?

Senior Investment Strategist (Current Employee)
    Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Comerica full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Generally nice people with which to work. Core Midwestern values are still quite evident… Cons: Company has underinvested in systems in recent years. Training is not a strength of the corporation. Not a sales culture. Corporate lending… Advice to Senior Management: Demonstrate a commitmen to geographic expansion. Continue to support field personnel with sufficient staff so that they can focus on developing business and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Bank Opportunity

Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

I worked at Comerica part-time for more than a year

Pros: I was able to get my experience in banking with Comerica Bank. I… Cons: I cannot really complain about Comerica Bank. Overall, was highly… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Comerica.

Worked for Comerica? Contribute to the Community!

Comerica – Why Work for Us?

​​Why Comerica Bank?​​ Extraordinary people. Exciting possibilities. Your success is what's next with Comerica. In the highly competitive world of financial services, there's one thing that sets a company apart-its… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Comerica reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Comerica CEO Ralph W. Babb Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Comerica employees.