Comerica

There are newer employer reviews for Comerica

Great place to work

Current Employee - Teller in Commerce Township, MI
Current Employee - Teller in Commerce Township, MI

I have been working at Comerica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I work with a wonderful group people and the company encourages moving up

Cons

The banks are places where criminals like to try to pass fake money or checks

225 Other Employee Reviews for Comerica (View Most Recent)

no room for growth

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Comerica part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

flexible shifts (if the branch is fully staffed), nice benefits and paid holidays even for part time employees

Cons

HIGH sales goals- Comerica needs to expand in order to reach sales goals. Comerica thinks its on the same playing field as Chase, Wells Fargo and Citibank.

promote from within. Stop trying to hire another "experienced" outside candidates.

STUCK!

Current Employee - Banker in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Banker in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Comerica full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are decent and service hours in the branches are not as long as other banks.

Cons

Where do I start? Pay, growth opportunity, poor management, bad customer service, micro-management and so on. This company used to be fun to work for then they started kicking out all the "old style" bankers and started hiring kids fresh out of college who hadve no clue on how to figure out a debt to income ration. These people are hired to be "yes" people and micromanage, nothing more. Comerica does not want great ethical sales people they want robots and to get a loan at any cost. They don't promote within and when they "think" about promoting their people, they run them thru a ridiculous "program" to even be considered for a promotion...they pretty much want to see if you are a sales robot. Really dislike this company and am actively looking elsewhere.

promote from within and acknowledge your bankers once in a while. You guys are losing great bankers and manager that have been here for a while for kids fresh out of college...

There are newer employer reviews for Comerica