Comerica

www.comerica.com

Great learning opportunity and many different options for advancement

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsThere are many different departments and job functions offered in this company. Many employee's I've worked with have worked with the bank on average I'd say of at least 15 years... Lots of seniority within the company, which says a lot. Paid holidays and PTO are great benefits. Company matches your 401k, good benefits, and also able to purchase/sell PTO.

ConsBehind on technology and services. Work place interior and exterior designs are very out dated at the Banking Centers. HR could be more involved with employees to help them advance and find the best career path within the company. Processes could be improved for better efficiency. At banking centers, high pressure to exceed unrealistic sales goals, while staff is being cut and not replenished. Customer service workers are underpaid, they are the face of the company and drive the company's revenue. Limited to the company's footprint states, MI, TX, CA, AZ, FL for job opportunities. Do not offer internships.

Advice to Senior ManagementBig separation between upper management and the "worker bees". I've felt that many upper management employees do not have a strong idea of what lower ranked employees do every day. Makes you feel under appreciated. Advice: really take the time to talk to staff, understand processes, and learn the job functions around you.

Good first internship

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Comerica

Pros: Very patient and caring managers Cons: Lots of red tape, slow pace More

Good stepping stone to bigger and better things

Credit Analyst (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Comerica full-time for less than a year

Pros: Work/Life Balance Learn a lot about credit and lending in your… Cons: Worst technology in the industry Too conservative with our risk profile, leads to other banks taking our business Young generation does not get… Advice to Senior Management: Give the younger generation a chance Take on more risk in your credit portfolio Invest… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Comerica.

Worked for Comerica? Contribute to the Community!