Comex Group

Challenging, but rewarding.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Comex Group

Pros

Comex is a company in transition from a collection of separate entities into a strong brand. If you like challenges and a chance to make an impact this is a great company.

Cons

If you can't let go of the past and accept change, this could be a tough company to work for.

Share the company vision with all employees to gain their investment in the future of the company. Every employee should know and understand our mission statement.

24 Other Employee Reviews for Comex Group (View Most Recent)

A company In need of leadership

Current Employee - Management in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Management in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Comex Group

Pros

It's hard work and if you like to be put to the test every day this is the place for you.

Cons

Our so called management writes on there twitter pages that they fly here and there, Eat at this great restaurant while venders shut us down for nonpayment which affects our sales. It is so embarrassing to tell customers on a daily basis that we are out of paint and sundries that they need to complete there jobs. They lead us by threats and intimidation. They make us feel like they would be more then happy to give us a pink slip and take our last gallon of milk out of our refrigerator with a smile. They spend valuable and limited resources on travel for meetings that most of the time can be accomplished by modern means, then tell us we need to cut the hours of the employees that can least afford it. I wish they would set an example and cut there own pay first. I am sure that with most of them close or above six figures a year it would be easier on them then on a van driver making nine dollars an hour. There is no room for advancement any more. They are constantly hire from out side the company from store management on up and they do this by believing that some one else's reject knows better then people who have been tried and tested for many years with this company. There was a reason why Comex wanted to buy us and I don't believe that it was because we sucked at our jobs. Give us the tools we need to succeed and we will in turn give you our loyalty and hard work that will drive this company back to the top.

Inspire us, lead us don't make us feel like a number on a spread sheet or report as if we are a disposable asset.

Comex Group does not understand corp culture and how to sales paint in the US.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Comex Group

Pros

I hate to say it but its better than not having a job. There are still devoted people (good people) that are still working there but if they had other options they would be gone in a heart beat.

Cons

Too many VP's without paint knowledge nor a grasp on what it takes to sale paint. Sales VP's and AM's talk a good game but have no customer base and can't bring in sales so they are dependent on the Field Reps.

Store service is good but it was the best overall in the industry but now Corp is cutting but people and hours, inventory, etc. and makes it hard for stores to supply customer needs.

Make VP's, AM's, Business Dev Managers, etc. ALL responsible for sales numbers "personally" and stop blaming the Field Reps because you don't know how to sale, you can't motivate and there is no Leadership to inspire.

There are newer employer reviews for Comex Group