There are newer employer reviews for Comfort Keepers

I worked with a local franchise and they were a decent organization.

Former Employee - Business Development in Green Bay, WI
Former Employee - Business Development in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Comfort Keepers full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was listened to and my ideas were seriously considered. As long as the referrals came in from sources I was allowed nearly complete freedom. Our local office had a great reputation which made it easier to talk about our services.

Cons

We did not accept all funding sources which meant many referrals were turned away. The training at the national level was very inadequate for an experienced professional.

Advice to Management

Improve the initial training to include realistic situations. The sample situations used had almost no relevance to the real world.

reviews filtered by
  1. Its OK!

Former Contractor - HomeHealth Aide in Beverly Hills, MI
    Former Contractor - HomeHealth Aide in Beverly Hills, MI

I worked at Comfort Keepers as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

The bonds you develop with the famlies are special. Also the company had fun incentives for the employees. Example: If you clocked in for work on time everyday for a week , you would win a gift card to walmart, 7 eleven, etc.

Cons

I did not like the slow business. I worked there for 2 years and only worked for 1 family.

Advice to Management

Better advertisement.

I had a very positive experience with Comfort Keepers of Lansing, MI.

Former Employee - Home Health Aide in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Home Health Aide in Lansing, MI

I worked at Comfort Keepers part-time (more than a year)

Pros

They are very flexible about schedules, which is really nice if you are in school and need a job that you can work around school. They really respect the idea of education and its importance, and really try to work with you. The owners are extremely nice, easy to approach, and are always willing to help you out or give you tips or suggestions. They also send cards to their employees, and when I was sick in the hospital, they sent me flowers, which really made my day and really showed that they cared a lot about me.

Cons

Sometimes you have to work in not the best of neighborhoods, but I think you have to expect that with home care. The owners were very aware of the environment and if you ever felt that it wasn't safe, they'd understand and could move you somewhere else.

Advice to Management

They are doing a wonderful job. Whenever somebody asks about a job starting in health care, I always recommend this company.

There are newer employer reviews for Comfort Keepers