Wonderful

Former Employee - CNA/Care Giver in Lithonia, GA
Former Employee - CNA/Care Giver in Lithonia, GA

I worked at Comfort Keepers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can give one on one care to an individual and learn all about them.

Cons

no enough hours in a week to live off of.

Other Employee Reviews for Comfort Keepers

1. The best family feeling company to ever work for.

Former Employee - Caregiver in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Caregiver in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Comfort Keepers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone on staff is so helpful, encouraging understanding and really treat you right.

Cons

The Pay could be more.

Advice to Management

Please pay your employees more. You are given 25$ an hour by the client yet only pay 11.

2. It's OK part-time companion work but CK could be so much better to work for....

Current Employee - Companion Care Aid in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Companion Care Aid in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Comfort Keepers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Been working for CK here in Syracuse, NY for about a year. Work with different clients in different city locales (mostly good areas), paid milage, rare occassional overtime, hours flexible.

Cons

Need better pay, more hours and good benefits! If don't work hours offered they can fire you. Scheduling is maddening; often last-minute appts. and cancellations. New hires get more hours and clients.

Advice to Management

Management need not be always so darn business/serious, rushing talking with caregivers, need to take time, give more details/training about clients before caregiver sees them. Mgmt.really NEEDS to walk their talk better to be more friendly/show appreciation for caregivers---if not for us they wouldn't have a job either! Need balance work schedules better so everybody gets better hours and pay $9/hour as well. (I've had some temp agencies who treated me better when I used to be a factory worker!). Had p/t CK companion work in south for about a year and I had more regular clients/hours along with fill-ins. Mgmt actually HAD regular meetings with staff, office birthday parties/baby showers, holiday parties---even gave caregivers birthday cards! I miss that, wish it was like that up here in upstate NY. I get it that each office is a franchise. Lee Iacocca said it best: "If you're in a business, then you're in a people business." Slow down, please have a heart as we caregivers really do for our clients.