CommScope

www.commscope.com

Not bad, but there is plenty of room for improvement.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Richardson, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Pros

Lots of traveling if you enjoy it. Management is supportive. You learn something.

Cons

Compartementalisation. Not enough team-building. Some people are kept out of the loop. The training sucks. Not is enough resources to learn and grow. My growth and learning is way slower than I expected. Not enough mix of responsibilities. Given my 14-15 hours days, I feel exploited which I know I am.

Need work on team-building.

Other reviews for CommScope

Good

Former Employee - Sales Director  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

Good Market
    Good Set of Solutions
    Very focus

Cons

Larger corporation make it slow to move faster
    Must obtained better positioning of all solutions so it can be even greater

Keep your focus and the company will succeed

Good Work Environment

Current Employee - Manufacturing Floor Employee  in  Claremont, NC
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Floor Employee in Claremont, NC

Pros

Friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable co-workers
    Excellent supervisors who provide as much information, support, and problem resolution as they can
    Safe and clean work environment (within reason - it's a manufacturing facility, so some hazards and detritus from processes to be expected)
    4-on/4-off 12-hr work schedule for floor employees

Cons

No sense of job security due to history of layoffs, closing of US plants, and opening of facilities in cheaper labor markets (i.e. China and India)
    As in most companies today, the pervasive impression that next quarter's profits for investors, and officer's salaries/bonuses, are paramount, despite (or perhaps as a result of) assertions to the contrary

Don't underestimate and undervalue your employees. Most work hard, strive to exceed standards, and take pride in the work they do and the products they create. We boast about how much quality product we expeditiously produce and berate ourselves for our errors and scrap. We're a fiercely loyal bunch, often refusing cable projects and services where CommScope products aren't used. We'd like to see some of that loyalty returned in the form of "greater good" thinking instead of strictly "greater profit" thinking.

There are newer employer reviews for CommScope.

Worked for CommScope? Contribute to the Community!