CommScope

www.commscope.com
  www.commscope.com
There are newer employer reviews for CommScope

Good when it was Andrew but after Commscope took over it went down hill fast

Former Employee - Electronics Technician in Forest, VA
Former Employee - Electronics Technician in Forest, VA

I worked at CommScope

Pros

It was a decent place to work when it was Andrew because they didnt have the educational credential policy for all positions although management still needed to be changed to an electrical engineer. The vacation is good.

Cons

The electronics manufacturing is run by management who doesnt have a clue about how electronics works. Employees on the manufacturing floor are treated with disrespect and get the impression from management that we are "beneath" them. When you tell them about a technical problem they act like you dont know what you are talking about even though you are the one with a degree and experience in electronics. Also, they have educational credetialistic poilices in place to keep you from ever advancing beyond your current position without going back to school. Nevermind the fact you have the skills, ability, and knowledge to do the job, or that you meet or exceed every other requirement for the job. UNITED HEALTH CARE HIGH DEDUCTABLE INSURANCE THAT DOESNT COVER ANYTHING AND IS REDICULOUSLY PRICED. Also, no career advancement opportunites for manufacturing employees (only management and salaried employees).

Put someone in charge of an electronics operation that has an electronics background (i.e electrical engineer) instead of a business management major. Also, get rid of the educational credential requirements for positions and promote from within first!!! You are losing valuable personnel to other companies (who dont have those policies and who do promote from within) because of these policies. And the strange thing about the educational credential policy is that there are people in positions that require those credentials but dont have them and this sends mixed signals and indicates favoritism. AND GET RID OF UNITED HEALTH CARE - THEIR INSURANCE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

86 Other Employee Reviews for CommScope (View Most Recent)

Not bad, but there is plenty of room for improvement.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at CommScope

Pros

Lots of traveling if you enjoy it. Management is supportive. You learn something.

Cons

Compartementalisation. Not enough team-building. Some people are kept out of the loop. The training sucks. Not is enough resources to learn and grow. My growth and learning is way slower than I expected. Not enough mix of responsibilities. Given my 14-15 hours days, I feel exploited which I know I am.

Need work on team-building.

Good

Former Employee - Sales Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at CommScope

Pros

Good Market
    Good Set of Solutions
    Very focus

Cons

Larger corporation make it slow to move faster
    Must obtained better positioning of all solutions so it can be even greater

Keep your focus and the company will succeed

There are newer employer reviews for CommScope