CommScope

www.commscope.com

Used to be a pretty good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Catawba, NC

ProsHalfway decent pay and benefits. The benefits dwindle every year where we are paying more and getting less as far as insurance goes.

ConsI will say that it wasn't always like this. I could only assume that as the company got bigger the employees mattered less and less. I really hate to break it to the corporate big wigs, but the employees are the ones who make money for the company while the execs are the ones who cost the company money. I and a lot of other people used to actually enjoy working at CommScope.

Management is fairly incompetent and to a degree unqualified, but then again cronyism is very much alive and well at this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst off try being positive to the employees for a change. You may not believe this, but telling them that they might be losing their jobs every chance you get does absolutely zero for morale. Most people I work with could care less about their jobs now because well why should they? Why care when you may not even have a job next month, or next year according to the constant negativity you shovel out to your own employees.

This company has a lot of employees who have stayed loyal to the company for decades which is a whole lot more than I can say about those in corporate. I think it's about time they started treating them with the respect they deserve instead of just a number that can be tossed out like the near thousand other people I have seen get laid off since I have been there.

Good when it was Andrew but after Commscope took over it went down hill fast

Electronics Technician (Former Employee) Forest, VA

I worked at CommScope

Pros: It was a decent place to work when it was Andrew because they didnt have the educational credential… Cons: The electronics manufacturing is run by management who doesnt have a clue about how electronics works. Employees on the manufacturing floor are treated with disrespect… Advice to Senior Management: Put someone in charge of an electronics operation that has an electronics background (i.e electrical engineer) instead of a business management major. Also, get rid… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not bad, but there is plenty of room for improvement.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

I have been working at CommScope

Pros: Lots of traveling if you enjoy it. Management is supportive.… Cons: Compartementalisation. Not enough team-building. Some people are kept out of the loop. The training sucks. Not is enough resources to learn and grow. My growth… Advice to Senior Management: Need work on team-building. More

There are newer reviews on CommScope.

Worked for CommScope? Contribute to the Community!