CommScope

www.commscope.com

Used to be a pretty good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Catawba, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Catawba, NC

Pros

Halfway decent pay and benefits. The benefits dwindle every year where we are paying more and getting less as far as insurance goes.

Cons

I will say that it wasn't always like this. I could only assume that as the company got bigger the employees mattered less and less. I really hate to break it to the corporate big wigs, but the employees are the ones who make money for the company while the execs are the ones who cost the company money. I and a lot of other people used to actually enjoy working at CommScope.

Management is fairly incompetent and to a degree unqualified, but then again cronyism is very much alive and well at this company.

First off try being positive to the employees for a change. You may not believe this, but telling them that they might be losing their jobs every chance you get does absolutely zero for morale. Most people I work with could care less about their jobs now because well why should they? Why care when you may not even have a job next month, or next year according to the constant negativity you shovel out to your own employees.

This company has a lot of employees who have stayed loyal to the company for decades which is a whole lot more than I can say about those in corporate. I think it's about time they started treating them with the respect they deserve instead of just a number that can be tossed out like the near thousand other people I have seen get laid off since I have been there.

Other reviews for CommScope

Good when it was Andrew but after Commscope took over it went down hill fast

Former Employee - Electronics Technician  in  Forest, VA
    Former Employee - Electronics Technician in Forest, VA

Pros

It was a decent place to work when it was Andrew because they didnt have the educational credential policy for all positions although management still needed to be changed to an electrical engineer. The vacation is good.

Cons

The electronics manufacturing is run by management who doesnt have a clue about how electronics works. Employees on the manufacturing floor are treated with disrespect and get the impression from management that we are "beneath" them. When you tell them about a technical problem they act like you dont know what you are talking about even though you are the one with a degree and experience in electronics. Also, they have educational credetialistic poilices in place to keep you from ever advancing beyond your current position without going back to school. Nevermind the fact you have the skills, ability, and knowledge to do the job, or that you meet or exceed every other requirement for the job. UNITED HEALTH CARE HIGH DEDUCTABLE INSURANCE THAT DOESNT COVER ANYTHING AND IS REDICULOUSLY PRICED. Also, no career advancement opportunites for manufacturing employees (only management and salaried employees).

Put someone in charge of an electronics operation that has an electronics background (i.e electrical engineer) instead of a business management major. Also, get rid of the educational credential requirements for positions and promote from within first!!! You are losing valuable personnel to other companies (who dont have those policies and who do promote from within) because of these policies. And the strange thing about the educational credential policy is that there are people in positions that require those credentials but dont have them and this sends mixed signals and indicates favoritism. AND GET RID OF UNITED HEALTH CARE - THEIR INSURANCE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Not bad, but there is plenty of room for improvement.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Pros

Lots of traveling if you enjoy it. Management is supportive. You learn something.

Cons

Compartementalisation. Not enough team-building. Some people are kept out of the loop. The training sucks. Not is enough resources to learn and grow. My growth and learning is way slower than I expected. Not enough mix of responsibilities. Given my 14-15 hours days, I feel exploited which I know I am.

Need work on team-building.

There are newer employer reviews for CommScope.

Worked for CommScope? Contribute to the Community!