CommScope
www.commscope.com Hickory, NC 5000+ Employees

Wow, just wow

Joliet, IL

ProsYou don't have to pay for parking (surprising for as cheap as this company is!)
Cafeteria is quite nice
It's a paycheck

ConsThey say that Carlyle is good at cost-cutting... it's hard to believe there is any more costs left to cut once the good ole boy machine (aka - everyone knows that is Hickory!) got rid of them.

This used to be an awesome company to work for (when it was Andrew). Now, manager's work you like crazy to make THEM look good and they never give the recognition which you are do after making them look good. Manager's didn't necessarily change per se - I mean, some did, - but rather the Hickory mentality slowly trickled in the doors of Andrew :(

I hope that the machine in Hickory is rocked to it's very core once Carlyle takes over and they get a taste of their own medicine! Perhaps they'll even close down Hickory - that would be sad............... all those VP's applying at Wal-Mart and Wendy's.........

Advice to Senior ManagementStop acting like dictators and start acting like manager's and recognizing that the people on the lower levels are WHY you are WHERE you are in your career.

You've got to be Kidding...

Information Technology (Current Employee)
    Joliet, IL

I have been working at CommScope

Pros: It's a job... the only adventure is wondering how it got this bad. there are some… Cons: If they want to make your job miserable, they will find a way, ask any factory worker. Some managers only point out the bad... never… Advice to Senior Management: I will not give these mgmt types my expertise... they can… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Stay Away

Internal Auditor (Former Employee)
    Westchester, IL

I worked at CommScope

Pros: It is a global company Cons: -Poor leadership & communication in Audit Department -Performance Feedback is a joke. There's no formal process and not communicated to the individual it pertains to. So… Advice to Senior Management: Get a clue No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on CommScope.

Worked for CommScope? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CommScope reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CommScope CEO Marvin (Eddie) S. Edwards, Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by CommScope employees.