There are newer employer reviews for Command Alkon

Great company in a southern city

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Answer  in  Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Prefer Not to Answer in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Command Alkon

Pros

They are very flexible when it comes to time off for necessary things like doctor's appointments, etc.

Cons

The tendency to downplay a job's requirements in order to pay employees less.

A pat on the back is wonderful, but especially in dire economic times such as we're currently facing, be sure all employees are getting fair compensation for the work that they do.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Command Alkon (View Most Recent)

Satisfied, but left unfulfilled

I have been working at Command Alkon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I am able to telecommute. I work with a great bunch of people, have great customer base. I work with little supervision. When I first started with the company over 10 years ago, I traveled 100% throughout the U.S. and now travel less than 10 trips a year.

Cons

The management to worker ratio is very large. Over the last years with layoffs, it has become increasingly stressful due to the heavy workloads placed upon remaining employees. Just like in most business environments, personnel are asked to do more for less. This is not a standart 40 yr a week job if working in the Service departments.

Put more time into listening and acting on suggestions by those not in management because they are the ones actually doing all the work for the company.

Great place to work!

I have been working at Command Alkon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The core business is construction materials software solutions and as the leader in this niche there is always something to learn and new challenges.

Cons

We are in and industry that run twenty four hours seven days a week in one location or another, and as a critical part of our customers businesses sometimes the hours we work are challenging.

There are newer employer reviews for Command Alkon

Worked for Command Alkon? Contribute to the Community!