Commerce Bancshares
www.commercebank.com Kansas City, MO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Strong Company

Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Commerce Bancshares

ProsCommerce Bank is a strong orginization that treats their employees with respect and one where you don't have to be concerned about large layoffs or downsizing. Intelligent management team that is beginning to move towards a more progressive form of leadership and promoting a healthy work/life balance.

ConsCommerce doesn't move at a lightening pace and almost approaches a snails pace when trying to make decisions. There isn't a lot of innovation occuring at the bank. Working at Commerce will not make you rich...

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should be more willing to make decisions without the need to know the answer to every possible question and scenario. Be willing to take an appropriate level of risk.

Bad company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Kansas City, MO

I worked at Commerce Bancshares

Pros: Easy job with little supervision. Training easy and quick.… Cons: Management only worked opening and gave bad shifts to new hires. Sat on… Advice to Senior Management: Hire positive people. Get out of the executive office once… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Very good company to work for

Customer Service (Current Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Commerce Bancshares

Pros: Professional atmosphere Employee Involvement Community Service Good Benefits Good Leadership Programs Cons: Communication could be better Pressure to make sales dramatically increasing (if… Advice to Senior Management: Good job overall but communication could improve Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Commerce Bancshares.

Worked for Commerce Bancshares? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Commerce Bancshares reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Commerce Bancshares CEO David W. Kemper. All reviews posted anonymously by Commerce Bancshares employees.