Commerce Bancshares

www.commercebank.com

Commerce bank is a conservative banking company that specializes in commercial lending. Good Core Values.

Programmer Analyst II (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsAdequate compensation and superior employee benefits make this a good place to work. Friendly atmosphere with good core values. Emphasis on developing new products for customers bodes well for the future. Political infighting is no worse than most banks. This bank avoided the mortgage mess currently plaguing many large financial institutions.

ConsA reluctance to recognize the value of telecommuting. Exceptionally high performance review goals insure that 99 % of employees will never qualify for telecommuting. Conservative values sometimes make it difficult for the company to recognize the benefits of newer technologies.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany should explore ways to share information with employees more often. Performance reviews can be subjective and goals are often set high to discourage promotions & salary increases.

Great place to work, if I could stay, I would.

Database Administrator (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Commerce Bancshares

Pros: Their investment in technology and information security is high. Database performance and stability is very important. Management is very accessible, and it has… Cons: Certain departments and teams are overloaded, but if you know how to handle your workload, you can do well. The conservative nature of the… Advice to Senior Management: Try to unify policy across all business units and cost… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great industry training company....

Assistant Vice President -Loan Officer (Former Employee) Wichita, KS

I worked at Commerce Bancshares

Pros: The company allows you to get your job done, no questions ask. The banks culture is time tested… Cons: This companies pay salary is far behind the competition. It takes leaving this organization to get your real sense of worth in regard to salary.… Advice to Senior Management: Go out and find a personal coach or consultant to learn how to lead people. If… More

There are newer reviews on Commerce Bancshares.

Worked for Commerce Bancshares? Contribute to the Community!