Commerce Bancshares
www.commercebank.com Kansas City, MO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Integrity in Banking

Vice President, Operations (Former Employee)
Kansas City, MO

ProsAs a regional bank, Commerce embodied community values and was family-oriented. Managers as a whole were competent and empathetic. The conservative values applied to lending has helped Commerce remain strong in the current economic crisis.

ConsDoesn't always apply Best Practices of large banks. Allows all departments to be managed through HR, instead of evaluating business requirements. Autonomy sometimes looks like anarchy.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a Commercial LOB executive position that is separate from the individual bank president positions.

Commerce bank is a conservative banking company that specializes in commercial lending. Good Core Values.

Programmer Analyst II (Current Employee)

I have been working at Commerce Bancshares

Pros: Adequate compensation and superior employee benefits make this a good place to work. Friendly atmosphere with good core values. Emphasis on developing new products for… Cons: A reluctance to recognize the value of telecommuting. Exceptionally high performance review goals insure that 99 % of employees will… Advice to Senior Management: Company should explore ways to share information with employees more often. Performance reviews can… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work, if I could stay, I would.

Database Administrator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Commerce Bancshares

Pros: Their investment in technology and information security is high. Database performance and stability is very important. Management is very accessible, and it has… Cons: Certain departments and teams are overloaded, but if you know how to handle your workload, you can do well. The conservative nature of the… Advice to Senior Management: Try to unify policy across all business units and cost… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Commerce Bancshares.

Worked for Commerce Bancshares? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Commerce Bancshares reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Commerce Bancshares CEO David W. Kemper. All reviews posted anonymously by Commerce Bancshares employees.