Commerce Bank

There are newer employer reviews for Commerce Bank

Great Company

Current Employee - IT Intern in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - IT Intern in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Commerce Bank as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I work as an intern at corporate in downtown KC, and is a great low stress secure company. Very good about time-off and is family oriented.

Cons

The trade-off for job security is the salary not competetive with local industry.

80 Other Employee Reviews for Commerce Bank (View Most Recent)

If you work hard, it's ok

Current Employee - International Operations in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - International Operations in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Commerce Bank full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay is ok. The company offers great experience. There are many opportunities for advancement within the company. Paid holidays and plant of vacation is available. The people are typically great to work with as well. The company sponsors many incentives such as picnics, free tickets to events, free checking acts, etc

Cons

If you are not experienced in the banking industry and you don't' start out in an entry level position as I didn't, the work is kind of thrown at you all to quick. My training was inadequate and I was worried about my job security for the first 3 months of working.

Strong Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Commerce Bank

Pros

Commerce Bank is a strong orginization that treats their employees with respect and one where you don't have to be concerned about large layoffs or downsizing. Intelligent management team that is beginning to move towards a more progressive form of leadership and promoting a healthy work/life balance.

Cons

Commerce doesn't move at a lightening pace and almost approaches a snails pace when trying to make decisions. There isn't a lot of innovation occuring at the bank. Working at Commerce will not make you rich...

Management should be more willing to make decisions without the need to know the answer to every possible question and scenario. Be willing to take an appropriate level of risk.

There are newer employer reviews for Commerce Bank