Commerce Bank

www.commercebank.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Commerce Bank

Not the best place to work

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Joplin, MO
Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Joplin, MO

I worked at Commerce Bank

Pros

many locations to work at.

Cons

They discriminate against employees in the military as well as employee's with religious beliefs that do not match their own

Honesty.. learn it, then live it.

92 Other Employee Reviews for Commerce Bank (View Most Recent)

A great place to work

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Commerce Bank

Pros

I did not realize how truly dysfunctional my previous employer was until I came to Commerce and saw the complete opposite end of the spectrum. I'm a recent hire, in the interview process I spoke with 5 different people at different management levels. The overriding message I got was that people really like to work here. Now that I've been working at Commerce for a few months, I get it. At my old company there was a lot of lip service given to respect and dignity of employees but that was it. Commerce on the other hand, does it instead of just talking about it all the time. Management treats employees well, employees treat each other with respect, and there's a true sense that we're all working toward the same goals. There's also a refreshing focus on ethical values. I feel that regardless of level, every employee is made to feel as though they have a voice. No company is perfect but Commerce is really a great place to work.

Cons

Base pay is a little below market value. There is bonus opportunity to supplement base pay however. For me the work environment and work/life balance afforded by my position outweigh the higher pay somewhere else.

Commerce has great employees because they are treated with respect and dignity and feel as though their voices are heard. Don't lose this focus.

Overall, a great place to make a career

Former Employee - Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Commerce Bank

Pros

The firm has a great work life balance that allows individuals to work at their own pace and is a good place to work for people that have families.

Cons

Overall, this isn't a place for high potential employees. Management is not geared up to promote the most promising individuals rapidly enough.

Seek ways to reward your best talent and improve the ability to move up the corporate ladder and make raises easier to attain for high potential employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Commerce Bank