Commercial Carrier Corporation

Add Review

Starter Company

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Truck Driver in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Commercial Carrier Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The office folks are great. Most drivers are daycab drivers. I sleep in the truck maybe once a week. The customer base is mostly Florida. 99% of the time I operate in Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. Mostly I am out and back at the terminal the same day. Breakdown is not a hassle. They want you rolling and will get someone out to you to get you back up and running.

Cons

Low pay. No raises since 2008. No 401k matching since 2008. No fuel and safety bonuses since 2008. It is a starter company, but with very nice office folks. I haven't met a more supportive group.

Advice to Management

They have been at it since the 1950s. This is the model they have chosen. They do not listen to advice from their drivers.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Doesnt care about senior drivers at all

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Auburndale, FL
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Auburndale, FL

I worked at Commercial Carrier Corporation

Pros

Home daily, off on sundays. Decent equipment.

Cons

This company is a TRAINING company. They will give loads to a new guy over a 5+ year senior driver because they want the newbie to be satisfied long enough to stay in the company so they can recieve their big government bonus. I worked for this company long enough to know better, i sat at home while a driver who only has a month experience would be getting the long haul loads. That doesn't seem right considering I had to bust my ass for years and i should be at the top of the load list, unfortunately i ended up on the bottom, and so did many other senior drivers. So if you want to come into the company as a new driver, you'll get treated well, and i recommend getting your experience and getting out. Also the pay is terrible, expect to drive all the way from auburndale to jacksonville and back for $80. That's a whole day's work.

Advice to Management

Treat your senior drivers better, we bent over backwards for years and drove safely for your company, the least you can do is reward us with good loads. A new driver is much more likely to roll over an expensive load and cost the company millions, quit giving them all the freight.

2. To many layers of management

I worked at Commercial Carrier Corporation

Pros

The majority of people below regional management are decent people

Cons

Management only worries about making the sales numbers so they can have a bonus