Commercial Energy of Montana

www.commercialenergy.net
  www.commercialenergy.net
There are newer employer reviews for Commercial Energy of Montana

An intense passionate group driving a commitment to excellence and the burning desire to be the best.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Commercial Energy of Montana full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been working at Commercial Energy full-time for more than 5 years. We are an intense, passionate group that strives to give our customers the best services to fulfill all their energy needs. As a whole we are a team that is a great family with many of the strengths and weaknesses of many families. We are open and accepting of new ideas, but we expect everyone to try to play at the top of their game most of the time. If you are not productive or effective, you will not be encouraged to stay. We all have passion; it burns bright in every one of us. I am excited to say that I love coming to work every day. The passion drives me to try to improve myself, my work, and my company each day. It is fun, it is exciting, it is addictive. Nowadays, passion seems to be lost in many companies as they grow. The culture of success is lost as employees are added and geographic reach expanded. That has not happened here and everyone is motivated to keep building this commitment to excellence and preservation of the founders’ passion. If you want to work for a company that tries as hard as you do, Commercial Energy is a company you can be proud to be a part of.

Cons

If you are not an A player don’t apply here. We are a driven group of employees and managers we want only the best for our clients and our fellow team members. If you don’t bring your A game you will be called out not only by your manager but your co-workers. If you are looking for a job and not a career you don’t belong, you shouldn’t be here you take away from the people who love the company, their clients, and their team.

Management has tried to compromise in the past by bringing in some less committed people thinking that they were asking too much in their hiring process. Those people have hurt the company because they took positions from other people that would have been more dedicated. Then those unsuccessful people write some internet posts that are obvious they were never truly committed to getting the best from themselves and have never been part of a great company trying to really make a difference. They missed the opportunity, you shouldn’t. Talk with them, they are candid about their vision and their passion. If you are too, join them, you won’t regret it.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Commercial Energy of Montana (View Most Recent)

Good place to cut your teeth

I worked at Commercial Energy of Montana full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a great place to start out. They teach you about the market and the methodology. If your a new grad or switching careers this might be a good fit. trust me after a few years you'll know the business inside and out because you've probably have done every job there is. Also the people are great and fun and there's always a lot of company outtings. I know when i left the thing i missed the most was the relationships with former colleagues. Another good thing is that if you are competent and really want to be take the bull by the horns you can definitely make your own future there. I've had many promotions and raises and i definitely credit CE with helping me to get to where I am today.

Cons

Long hours is definitely one of them. Like i said before if you're new to the industry or a college grad with no family this is the place, but otherwise you're looking at least 10 hours+ the compensation while good is not nearly as good as a bigger firm. lets just say that the hours i will work this year is a magnitude less than CE and more pay and better benefits. Another down side is the CEO which has a little temper issue. I've always used this example, Ron and Barb are like your parents. they want you to succeed and be fruitful but they just don't know how to show it sometimes. Ron definitely has an anger issue but the company is his baby so i understand. And just like you're parents, you love them but you gotta move out sooner or later.

Control. Take a deep breath and relax. Be consistent in your discipline when you do it and don't over do it. People there are loyal to you and the company but there's always a line. Don't blame the employees all the time you guys need to be a little bit more hubris in your ways. other than that keep up the good work.

Unique, high-performance company, led by a true US entrepreneur with, like any human, areas of strength and weakness.

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Oakland, CA

I worked at Commercial Energy of Montana as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Ron Perry is a true entrepreneur who has built his company from scratch. He is extremely passionate about his "child". He has more than enough money to retire now but he loves the business and in my opinion will never leave. Ron Perry is a true expert in the field of energy, his experience gives him the equivalent of three PhDs in that area. I have always seen him help his employees by sharing his encyclopedic knowledge of the industry. He is not shy about sharing his experience in sales management either and you can truly benefit as an employee from his 20+ years in the business. You're not going to get exposure to someone of that caliber in a large corporation. In addition, his company does very well and I agree with the previous comments that if you work hard there you will be rewarded very well (I have). Regarding the negative comments found earlier, I must say that I was offended by those that relate to the ownerS. Ron's wife, Barbara, is one of the kindest and fun executive I've met. I have never heard of any one complaining about her. So I encourage readers to disregard those comments. The owners bend backward to find activities to socialize with their entire team, not only the sales team. They invite employees to the track (horse racing)in the weekend since they own a few race horses. They organize parties at their house (with swimming pool). They have open bar parties when their sales team meet their quotas. They have very loyal and excellent sales people that their competition would "kill" to have as employees. All employees were courteous and friendly.

Cons

Working with Ron can be tough sometimes. By sometimes I mean something less than 5% of the time you'll spend there. And if you don't work directly with him it shouldn't matter at all. Ron is the only one who gets in a very bad mood from time to time. It's not nice to see. However, his behavior is not atypical. If you look at successful entrepreneurs like S. Jobs, they've all been said to be difficult to work with from time to time. And if you've worked in a competitive, money making environment with lots of $$$ at stake you know you won't find a boss who's not going to be super tense occasionally. So while you don't have to like that kind of temporary attitude, it sort of comes with the territory. If you want a stress free environment, you're not going to find it in a fast growing company managed by its founder; It's better to work for a large corporation where people only have their paycheck at risk and can hop to a similar job across the street. To finish with the Cons, you'll have to balance this Con with what I wrote before, that is that the owners do whatever they can to treat their employees to the best, being very generous sharing their experience and opinions with their team and becoming friends with them. So while I don't want to silence what I see as a Con (because I want to help readers determine if the environment is a good match for them), I encourage you to ask yourself if you're a person who sees the glass as 5% empty when it's almost full.

I'd suggest the CEO not to get upset by small details but instead focus on the big picture ie big threats/opportunities and always look for the positive in anything that comes across his path, and to cheer up, even if it's difficult. I don't have other advice. The company is well managed and has the smartest people in the industry.

There are newer employer reviews for Commercial Energy of Montana

Worked for Commercial Energy of Montana? Contribute to the Community!